Does your child get in their dresser/ closet when they are 'supposed' to be sleeping? Mine does! He think he needs to try on all sorts of outfits!

RutterMama

Asked by RutterMama at 11:35 AM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My daughter is forever in her dress up bin trying on her play clothes and mixing it with her real clothes. She is also always in MY CLOSET during all different times of day though. Yes, she sometimes wants to play dress up at night when she should be sleeping. So I allow her to wear a tutu or crown to bed. I don't see any harm in it. I think of it as she's preparing for her dreams... Never know who you're going to meet in there. :D I embrace. I think it's a fun stage [even though it can be frustrating].
    Cafe Chastity

Answer by Cafe Chastity at 11:41 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Not while she's sleeping but my 5 year old thinks she should change her outfit 3 - 5 times a day. I flipped out on her yesterday. I've had to tell her she is no longer allowed in her dresser, I told her I'd lay out clothes every morning and jammies every night for her to dress herself in but that her hands were not allowed to touch those drawers.
    momof2inCT2007

Answer by momof2inCT2007 at 12:01 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I let my kids pick out their own outfits or lay out 2 options that they could pick from. I saw that as an effort to control their world so I made it an option. You also have to see that they are learning to work snaps, buttons, zippers and figure out just how to manipulate that shape (shirt, pants, socks) onto equally curious body parts. Of course, they had to clean up the extra clothes too. That was part of the deal!
    MaggiesMom208

Answer by MaggiesMom208 at 12:40 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• My granddaughter is still in a crib, but when she comes into Grammy and Pop's room she is into EVERYTHING! Drawers, shelves, cabinets....you name it. The funny thing about our closet, though, is she loves to go in, shut the door part way, and just sit in there playing with our shoes. She doesn't hurt anything and we're teaching her to clean after she makes a mess, not that she's learning that one very well...lol, but it's so darn cute!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 1:41 PM on Jun. 29, 2010