Why do women like to tell their birth stories?

I like to talk about mine. I think its common ground for women and its such an accomplishment to go through the most pain to get to something (someone) the most treasured.

3gigglemonsters

Asked by 3gigglemonsters at 11:36 AM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I agree, and it is a significant landmark in your life. The precious life that comes into this world makes me want to share my story too. It brings families together yet it can scare the crap out of someone who hasn't been through that process too. I don't like to share all of the uncomfortable details with someone who is going to have a baby though. That is just cruel.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 11:41 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Honestly, I don't know. I don't tell mine unless asked about it. Especially not to other mothers. Mine was a relatively calm birthing experience, and I feel as though mine isn't worthy of "Ooohs" and "Aaahs".
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 11:39 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• lol I only tell mine when someone asks.
    Amanda7891

Answer by Amanda7891 at 11:40 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I like to hear them! We've all gone through it and it's interesting to hear it all.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:47 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Because it is like being in a car accident lol...it is traumatizing to say the least especially your first. You don't know what to expect and face it, no class on earth prepares you for such a monumental experience. I think women like to talk about it because it gives them a sense of solidarity...like exchanging battle scars.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:04 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I told mine after my son was born but I don't tend to repeat it unless someone asks about a specific aspect. Anyone who so much as mentions the word epidural tends to get treated to my lecture on the subject because getting that was the worst idea of my life but that's about it.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 12:17 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I think because it's a personal accomplishment to be proud of.
    Kind of like the guys at the VFW telling their war stories. :)
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 1:37 PM on Jun. 29, 2010