Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For moms who do unlisenced child care at home and claim it on taxes...

I have 2 kids starting in August (in the same family) VERY part time. (monday tuesday wednesday 10am-noon). I have another lady wanting me to take on her daughter full time. Would I be able to claim both? In Colorado, you can only care for one family at a time, but I don't know if that means at noon on I can take her kids and be okay with the government, or if it is strictly ONE family??


Asked by ABusyBee at 11:47 AM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Money & Work

Level 18 (5,804 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (3)
  • You would need to check with social services and find out what the childcare laws are in your state for Type B home daycare. I belive they go by the number of children youre babysitting, not how many families your caring for. Thats how it is here anyway. I am not a licensed child care home but I do babysit children in my home. I can have up to 6 kids at any given time...and this includes my own children. I live in Ohio. I do file taxes, I just turn in my recipeits, they don't ask how many families or anything.

    Answer by kimberlyinberea at 11:51 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

  • You definitely need to check your state's laws. The last thing you want is to get on the bad side of state laws or the IRS.

    Answer by wildflowers25 at 11:55 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

  • that is why I am asking lol I just didnt know where to find those laws for my state. Thanks

    Comment by ABusyBee (original poster) at 12:38 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

close Cafemom Join now to connect to other members! Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN