do anybody no how to get water/heat stains out of a wood table?

i made homemade bread, and layed it on a cloth on the table when it was done baking, now there are huge water/heat stains on my table, do anybody know how to get rid of them? i have tried, toothpaste, and rubbing alcohol but neither works! please somebody has to know the answer!

mommylisar

Asked by mommylisar at 11:50 AM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I had a problem similar to this a while back and googled it. I read something about using mayo and I also read something about using a hair dryer. It was a while ago though so I don't remember exactly how those things worked. I hope you find a helpful answer.
    Codysmom2106

Answer by Codysmom2106 at 2:16 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Not alcohol! That can cause more damage. You need oil. Pour vegetable oil on it and leave for at least 24 hours. My mother has done this and it works. Good luck!!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:52 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Mayo smear it on and leave it over night
    EternalDreams

Answer by EternalDreams at 12:03 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I have used a wood/furniture oil on those types of stains. I would pour some onto the spot lightly work it on the area and let set for a few hrs... re do the process as needed... seems to work well for me...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 12:23 PM on Jun. 29, 2010