Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3 Bumps

how would you react

your 19 year old daughter left community college ,has a 3 year old son and is pregant by another man who has seen her or called her since she became pg.

Answer Question

Asked by stressedoutgran at 11:54 AM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Relationships

Level 15 (2,324 Credits)
Answers (10)
  • i would ask her to move back home with me and see if i would help her make some better choices while also ensuring that the grandchildren are taken care of, that is if she needs or wants the help. if not i would probably end up in counseling worrying about my girl.

    Answer by TaiM at 11:56 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

  • I think I'd wrap my arms around her and tell her no matter what it takes I wanted her to finish her education. Love her and help her become a good mom. Step in and let her know she deserves to be treated like the precious jewel she is. She is a mom herself and that a gift. I think I would even pay for daycare for her 3 year old so she can finish school before that baby comes. If the dad doesn't want anything to do his baby, he can pay child support then. I feel so bad for her.

    Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 11:58 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

  • and i would definately try to get her to file for child support.

    Answer by TaiM at 12:01 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

  • When our kids our little, we carry them on our laps, when they are grown, we carry them on our hearts....despite her current circumstances, be there for her. Its obvious that she needs all the support and strength to get her through this challenging time in her life...

    Answer by treasured_hope at 12:02 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

  • Not well but I would have to try to remember that she is my daughter, those are my grandchildren and do my best to help guide her to the right path. This would include frank talks about her worth, going back to school and not having any more children after the newest one until she is done with school, working and meets an actual good man. It would probably also be pointed out that help and support will be given with certain conditions.

    Answer by wildflowers25 at 12:02 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

  • Be there for your child, be honest let her know you don't agree with the life she is leading but you love her and you are there for her.

    Tell her she made her bed and she must keep up with it. Explain you will not support the kids, but you will be there for them...As for school, hopefully she will return it is never too late.

    Unfortunately, You can be the best mom in the world.

    Children live and learn, sometimes it takes longer for a child to learn.

    Good luck!!!!

    Answer by KFree907 at 12:06 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

  • She's 19. An adult in my opinion. And am I reacting to just finding this out or her asking my opinion or for my help... Who paid for her to attend college?

    See I need more info before I jump into responding to anything in

    Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 1:42 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

  • I would support her emotionally, take in her kids if needed, but I would not support her financially. She is making adult choices (by choosing to have sex with men who obviously are unprepared to be fathers), so she needs to grow up and take responsibility for those choices. She can go to school part time and work full time if she has the desire - I worked and went to school, both full time, while taking care of 3 kids. It can be done, she just needs to make smart choices and work to better her life, for herself AND her kids.

    Answer by missanc at 2:51 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

  • i would be there for her but also tell her that she has to better herself or my help will stop. she is 19 and pregnant with another one, she needs to grow the heck up and get a reality check quick

    Answer by 3xangel at 5:26 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

  • I think like Lifes-A-Dance.

    Answer by rio_burb at 9:19 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.