Would you change for you relationship to better or would stay the same and call it quite.

mamaofficer

Asked by mamaofficer at 11:55 AM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• If the changes made me unhappy, then I would have to go...

If the changes were making me a better person, and building my relationship and I wanted too I would work hard to save the relationship.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 11:59 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I could try that thank u for the advice.
    mamaofficer

Comment by mamaofficer (original poster) at 12:01 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I don't know if I would change anything in my relationship, it is perfectly unperfect! We have struggles, we argue, we fight, we make mistakes, but we also love hard as well and the dumb things we have done, the silly arguments we have had, the nasty fights we have gotten into, they all helped us learn just a little more about each other, I am happy with my marriage just the way it is, we continue to learn from each other and about one another.
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 12:03 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• It depends on what is needed to be changed. If he comes to me with a reasonable request, noting a flaw of mine with suggestions on how to improve then yes I would stay to work it out. I would have to weigh options though I guess it just all depends on what it is that is being asked to be changed. If it was something minor and I could do it to make my mate happy ...yes I would...
    If he was asking me to change ME....a part of me ....any part he may have been aware of and not had a problem with before....I would have to sit on that one. I don't like the idea of accepting a spouse AS IS when you get with them, then finding things wrong and trying to change a person into what you want later on down the line. SO I guess in short my answer would be to weigh your options, if it's a reasonable request then yes. If it's not....peace...be gone :) Good luck!
    MamaCharity

Answer by MamaCharity at 12:09 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• That's real talk
    mamaofficer

Comment by mamaofficer (original poster) at 12:09 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• When we make changes in ourselves, most of the time we will see changes in our husbands. It works both in the positive and in the negative. So, I guess the question is in how serious your committment to the marriage is.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 12:20 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I would add that if you are not married to the person, the question takes on a whole different meaning. You should not have to change just to keep someone around who would otherwise be taking his leave.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 12:22 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• My husband fell in love with me just as I am.  Why would I change now?

beeky

Answer by beeky at 12:34 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I would go to the end of the world for him. I love him that much. So yes, I would adjust and change and be what he needs me to be. I expect him to meet my needs as well. So it s a 2 way street.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 2:55 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Depends on the changes. If it's something ingrained in my soul...religion for some, politics for others, love of Star Wars for me.... hell no. Take me as I am or we're done.

If it's merely to drop bad habits like interrupting him in the middle of a sentence, hell yes.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:56 PM on Jun. 29, 2010