What is your take on dual partys?

My son is turning 5 in feb my daughter 1 in jan...I always throw my boy a big party. this yr I was thinking of doing a dual party...His monster trucks hers hello kitty..Than 2 small cakes 2 pinatas...food...Hello kitty will come...And will have a monster park jumper..And decorate accordingly..Is this ok even though there birthdays are seperate months? I would do it in feb..And than on there actual day just a dinner and cake celebration! I know not everyone gos all out for parties which is so fine to each its own but we do! Do you think this is fine?

NIKKIANDYBABY

Asked by NIKKIANDYBABY at 12:21 PM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i just did that with my kids (daughter turned 3 and twin boys turned 2)
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 12:21 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I don't see why not, but, make sure your kids don't mind sharing the spotlight later on.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:22 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I say if you're doing something like hiring a character to come & renting the jumper thing, sure combine them to cut down expenses - wouldn't want to hire 2 character or rent 2 jumpers.

We always had smaller parties but I always had to share them, was born on my brother's first birthday. :o)
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 12:23 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• mommy ok good!
    and braden maybe not forever just right now that they are little and big milestones 1 and 5!!
    NIKKIANDYBABY

Comment by NIKKIANDYBABY (original poster) at 12:24 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• dark thats cute! For me its more of the I would go insane trying to pla na party in jan than one i nfeb haha!
    My sil said it was tacky cause people would have to bring 2 gifts...I mean no ones required to bring a gift...To me its a celebration of life of my 2 babies <3
    NIKKIANDYBABY

Comment by NIKKIANDYBABY (original poster) at 12:25 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Yeah, I figured. LOL I shared my 2nd and 3rd birthdays with my best friend that had the same birthday. I didn't mind.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:25 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• We had a combined party last year for both of our boys. Their birthdays are 2 years and 2 months apart, and we had a big skating party in between the 2 birthdays. It was a blast!!! We got both parties out of the way in one shot and didn't have to set up or clean up and everyone had a great time!! On their actual birthday, we made them a cake and let them choose their meal, like we always do, and they invited one friend over to eat with them.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 12:34 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Well me and my sister is 5 years and 2 days apart and we have always shared a party!! Even now that we are adults. Its was fine when we were kids but in my teens i didnt like it one bit!!! But now its fine again. Just make sure when they get older u throw seperate parties!!
    tinkerbell319

Answer by tinkerbell319 at 1:16 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• A 5 y/o sharing his b-day party with his 1 y/o sister? No, no, no. Sorry.
    First of all, he is a 5 y/o boy who deserves to have his own birthdays and is old enough to know that sharing with his baby sister is not cool.
    Second of all, the first birthday of all children are supposed to be separate from all other's, unless they are multiples, and made special.
    I just can't see it being done. I would have felt crushed sharing any of my birthdays with my baby brothers and as a mother I would have gone crazy trying to keep the two parties separate and the two children and guests happy.

Your children need to have their own birthday party on or near their own birthdays and kept on a small scale, if need be, to keep the costs down.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 1:17 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• pry I talked to my son and he wants to share the party with her. My kids sharing is no problem. The same guests would come regardless they dont have there own friends yet. They will both have there own theme and such...Its more of me asking if its rude for me to do it based on guests?
    NIKKIANDYBABY

Comment by NIKKIANDYBABY (original poster) at 2:08 PM on Jun. 29, 2010