Today is my mom's 40th birthday....I'm kind of tight for money...what should i get her?!

I'm going shopping with my daughter today to get my mom a 40th birthday present. I want to get her something from me and something from the baby because I think it'd be cute. Our budget is about $60.00 any suggestions?

collegexmamix28

Asked by collegexmamix28 at 12:24 PM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Does she wear jewelry? Maybe a Nana necklace? One of those collage picture frames, then put pics of your family in there...
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 12:26 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• This might sound cheesy to some, but whatever. For my dad;s 40th birthday I bought a pretty glass jar with a lid from walmart, some nice looking paper (colorful) and sat down and wrote a ton of our memories (short versions) on the papers. Then I cut them up, rolled them around a pencil so they were curly and stuck them in the jar. Then I decorated the jar with some scrapbook stickers. He loved it. Anytime he misses me he can just pull a memory out and chuckle. And it actually looks nice.
    Pumelo

Answer by Pumelo at 12:28 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I too was thinking of a picture. I think you should go get a picture of yourself and your baby and put up on a beautiful frame and a rose to go with it it'll be something for her to always look at and smile.
    pgee357

Answer by pgee357 at 12:29 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• A bottle of wine ($10-$15), 2 wine glasses from a discounted home furnishings store ($10)...have a drink drink with your mom and toast her with something special you've written for her ($0.00)
    Take some adorable pictures of your baby, upload them onto your computer. Go to Walmart.com or Walgreens.com (if you have those in your area) and have a collage printed up of all the adorable pictures of her grandbaby ($3.99) , buy an 8x10 picture frame to put it in...wrap beautifully and give her that present from your daughter.
    Hope this helps!
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 12:30 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• My Mom's favorite thing that I have ever given her was a Scrapbook of our family. It was inexpensive, fun to make, and let us take a stroll down memory lane together!
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 12:47 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I'm a sucker for unique and unusual picture frames that have character.

You can buy all the fixings for hand jobs and do them yourselves on each other. The time spent with each other can be priceless and she'll have smooth skin and gorgeous nails once done in case she has a party to attend later.

If she is a person who is hard to please or shop for, then think of her likes and emotional attachments and try to build onto those. If she likes to garden then get something pretty for the yard. If she enjoys baking, try to find something nice from a chef-type store. I love shopping at Kirkland's for a hard to please person....there's something there for everyone!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 1:11 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I bought the red plate from Hallmark, TODAY IS YOUR SPECIAL DAY, made her favorite meal and served it on the plate. All Moms cherish pitures , frame a picture of you and your daughter, enjoy the meal and show her special she is and it will be a memory she will never forget. If she has a favorite cake add that I possible.
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 1:53 PM on Jun. 29, 2010