Blood clot?

At 8 weeks, my u/s showed a blood clot behind the placenta. The doc didn't give me too much info except that I might miscarry or the clot will go away itself. Well I'm 22 weeks pregnant and the clot is still there! It's actually gotten bigger in the last few weeks. I been bleeding everyday day since week 8. Some days are worse than others. I'm worried about placenta abruption. I been doing some reading and thats what happens if it don't go away. I don't see a specialist ob until next week and I doubt they are going to be able to help me. Has anyone gone though this as long as I have and still have a healthy baby kicking around in there? or even delivered? Did you have to have an emergency c section? How will i know if my placenta detaches?

RnbwSprinks

Asked by RnbwSprinks at 12:25 PM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I don't have any advice for you but best of luck to you. That sounds very scary. Make sure you write down all of your questions before seeing the doctor. You deserve answers for this. I'll be thinking of you. :)
    ARmom

Answer by ARmom at 3:36 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• If your placenta detaches you will experience heavy bleeding. You must be very stressed out about this. Try your best not to stress out because stressing out is not good for you or your baby. Wait till you see the specialist and go from there. Good Luck to you.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 3:40 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• With abruptio placentae, you would have severe pain and bright red bleeding. Keep reading up on it so the signs are very familiar to you. Just keep talking to your doc about it. Have they recommended any activity restrictions? I said a prayer for you!
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 9:48 PM on Jun. 29, 2010