What to expect at your 12 week visit???

This is my first pregnancy and I don't really know what to expect at my visit this Thursday I know I am not going to see the baby again. So what do they do at this visit?

lazo060109

Asked by lazo060109 at 12:31 PM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• pee in a cup
    maybe some blood drawing
    listening with the doppler for the heart beat

possibly a belly measurement
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 12:32 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Since it sounds like you've already had your first visit where they do all the blood work and medical history questions, etc.... This visit and pretty much every visit thereafter will consist of: getting weight, temperature, and blood pressure; giving a urine sample; using the Doppler device to listen to the baby's heartrate; they'll ask you typical questions like whether you've had any spotting or bleeding, nausea, headaches or changes in vision, cramping or contractions, whether you've been taking your prenatals, etc., and that's about it. They won't start measuring your fundal height (size of the uterus) until about 20 weeks.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 12:40 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• For mine I only did the finger prick, peed in a cup, had blood pressure taken and NT scan. Oh, they also used the finger prick to check for genetic issues. I do my blood draws during my 16 week visit.
    bxbsmommy

Answer by bxbsmommy at 5:10 PM on Jun. 29, 2010