Dont you think this would be a good time to get a new DR. ?

My friend is 12 weeks pregnant yesterday was her 4th dr. appt. and they have NEVER listened for a heartbeat...... she had an ultrasound for the first time and they told her that her baby is a blob and she has to go back on Friday so they can check again and they plan on doing a D&C .. but that the baby is still alive?

The off thing is ...the father is my cousin and my aunt ( his mom) was told the same thing from this same dr when she was pregnant with him !!!

This is the only OB around here but I think its obvious something is up....

glamomomo

Asked by glamomomo at 12:35 PM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Just for Fun

• That "doctor" needs to get dropped now.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 12:36 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Weird. Usually if they do an ultra sound they can see the heartbeat right?. I would get a second opinion before I did anything I did not want to. If they question it at all, I feel it would be better to be sure rather than living the rest of my life in regret or wondering if.
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 12:38 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Well if they did an ultrasound on her, I can see why they wouldn't listen for the heart beat on the doppler, but it sounds like some information has gotten twisted as it was passed to you. If they are planning on doing a D&C one would assume that they DIDN'T see a heart beat on the ultrasound, and the baby is not measuring up to date as it should. It's a good thing they're going to do a repeat ultrasound before the D&C. I hope everything turns out well for her!
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 12:40 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• But I think it is odd that they have never checked for a heartbeat before a 12 week appt. .... and the DR didnt let them listen to the heartbeat or let them see the ultrasound or keep the US pic ... I mean this is atleast the second time this has happened and they were wrong the first time ( my cousin was born healthy ..but if my aunt listened to this DR he wouldnt even be here) ... but yes they are going to see what he says on Friday and are going to refuse a D&C until they get a second opinion.
    glamomomo

Comment by glamomomo (original poster) at 12:47 PM on Jun. 29, 2010