How did you control your weight gain???

For the moms who did not suffer from morning sickness how did you control your weight gain. My appetite is growing rapidly and since I am healthier than ever (this is my first pregnancy) and I have not had morning sickness not even once I am afraid that my increase in appetite is going to affect my health. Everything just looks so good

lazo060109

Asked by lazo060109 at 12:36 PM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I just wanted to add that gaining to much weight is NOT healthy for mom or baby. Some women have medical issues that cause lots of weight gain from water retention but if you don't have medical issues there is NO REASON to gain 20, 30 and 40 pounds OVER THE RECOMMENDED WEIGHT!!

It increases your risk for health problems such as high blood pressure, gestational diabetes, and more that can lead to complications in the delivery room.

Not to mention that MOST women DO have a hard time losing the weight. A family member of mine gained 70 pounds while pregnant and has only lost 20 of it 4 months later. That means she is still 50 POUNDS over her pre-pregnancy weight and she's have HELL getting it off!
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 1:56 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Make healthy choices, and just eat when you're hungry (as opposed to eating because you're bored, or because you feel like you should because you're "eating for two"). With my second, I made a conscious effort to ask myself after each serving of food whether I was still hungry; if the answer was yes then I had more, and if it was no then I stopped.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 12:42 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• LMAO control my weight!! yeah not a chance! i ate everything never had morning sickness! i would eat 2 chili dogs a day it was sick but oh so good! i gained 59 pounds! also first pregnancy! the doc said it was ok to gain about 45 pounds for me since i started out a little under weight! i hit that and then some lol! doc said it was fine the weight would just be hard to lose. she was wrong about that too 4 months later im back down to my normal size! no diet or anything just nursing and taking care of my baby girl! dont worry to much! if u are really worried about it talk to your doc and she could give u some info or call a food special person i forget wat they are called and they could set u up on a plan! Just have fun being pregnant!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 12:48 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• okay that is what everyone else told me also they said I should just enjoy the fact that I am having such a good pregnancy. I was just worried cuz I have seen so many posts from other moms saying that the doctors put them on special diet cuz they were gaining to much and I did not want that to happen to me
    lazo060109

Comment by lazo060109 (original poster) at 12:55 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I walked on the tredmil 4-5 times a week, made heathy choices and was careful about my cravings.

For example my ENTIRE last month I craved Arby's BAD so I went there every Wednesday. I had my Arby's Melt, small curly fries and cheese dip. It was super yummy but by only having it once a week I was able to keep my weight in control.

My doctor told me to gain 10 pounds. I gained 9 pounds during my last pregnancy and gave birth to a 7lb 9oz baby. I left the hospital weighing less than I did the day I got pregnant.
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 1:50 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• just be as healthy as possible!! I have learned to keep as much unhealthy stuff out of the house as possible ( I also do this when Im not pregnant). The way I look at it is Out of Sight Out Of Mind. I keep lots of fruit and veggies in the house and healthier snack options. However, if you do have a HUGE craving for something unhealthy like chips and dip or something dont deny yourself!! Just dont have as much as you normally would!! Drink a big glass of water and then go have the snack. The water will help to fill up your belly so you wont want to eat as much of that particular snack. Plus if you completely deny yourself you may end up over eating on it too much when you finally get the chance to have it!!
    Also try walking as much as possible. That is a great healthy easy exercise to do while you are pregnant. I hope that helped!
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 3:21 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• i HAD GESTATIONAL DIABETES FROM 16 WEEKS ON AND HAD TO EAT A LOW CARB DIABETIC DIET. tHAT DID IT FOR ME. i LOST WEIGHT IN THE BEGINNING WHEN THE DIET STARTED. wHEN I DELIVERED I WAS 1 POUND HEAVIER THAN I WAS AT MY FIRST APPOINTMENT.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 4:08 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I forgot to add that at my 6 week post partum check i was 32lb lighter that i was when i got pregnant. I also left the hospital lighter than when i got pregnant..lol..Cuz i only was a pound heavier when admitted to the hospital then i was when i got pregnant, and i delivered an 8lb 8oz baby with all his 40 gallons of water :) lol.. I had a ton of extra water :)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 4:11 PM on Jun. 29, 2010