He keeps getting stuck!

My 19 month old son keeps sticking his little legs in the rungs of his crib, then getting them stuck and screaming bloody murder. How do I stop this from continuing to happen?

Born2BAMommy5

Asked by Born2BAMommy5 at 12:37 PM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• switch him to a toddler bed or buy one of those crib netting things that goes on the inside to cover the rails
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 12:38 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3491557&CAWELAID=322246369
    That should stop him.
    FuzNet

Answer by FuzNet at 12:40 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I would try the crib bumpers that they make. They say not to use them with infants as they pose a suffocation hazard, but with a 19 month old I think it would be fine, it's no different than having stuffed animals and blankets in the crib which are fine at this age. I think a bumper would keep his little legs and arms from slipping thru, and they have lots of really cute ones anywhere they sell crib bedding.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 12:41 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• i was going to say the same thing as MaryMW. bumpers should work.
    nickellmomof2

Answer by nickellmomof2 at 12:46 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• You can use a breathable bumper. They are think enough that they can't stand on them to climb out and works great keeping arms and legs in. My kids had it in the crib the whole time. I got mine at Walmart.com
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 1:43 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Whoops, that is thin enough, not think enough
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 1:44 PM on Jun. 29, 2010