Do you have a funny birth story?

First baby: I gave my hubby a small kick when he was pushing my leg. lol

Third baby: The anesthetic made me nauseaus. It was time to push, only, I threw up twice, in which throwing up makes a push, and "ploop", my baby came out! True story.

3gigglemonsters

Asked by 3gigglemonsters at 12:39 PM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I went really fast, was induced and 2 hours into it I felt the urge to push. It was just my mom and I and I told her "Mom, I really need to push" and she was like "Okay let me get the doctor" and I'm like "NO! DO NOT LEAVE" Because I knew something was gonna happen so my mom goes to the door and yells for the nurse "My daughter feels like she needs to push" and the nurse comes walking in...I didn't even push and our comes my daughter's head! The look on the nurses face was priceless! She goes "OH LORD! DONT PUSH DONT PUSH" and runs over and plop, out comes my daughter. The doctor walked in a second later and is like "Well, that was an easy delivery" They said I was the fastest first timer they'd ever had.
    collegexmamix28

Answer by collegexmamix28 at 12:48 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• with baby #3, like always they broke my water... well then I slept (yay for epi!) woke up to time to push.... Pushed a couple times and out came her head ALONG WITH A BIG SPLASH OF AMNIOTIC FLUID that got all over the dr, my hubby and the nurse! OMG I was laughing so hard at them all and could not stop laughing! The dr. looked like she wanted to puke! I thought it was the funniest thing in the world.
    luckily though the laughing muscles push too :o) she was not push out.... she was laughed out!
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 12:42 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• When my oldest came out, he was pooping all over the place... The nurses were running to get him over in the "new infant" station and he left a trail of poop all the way there... I found it hilarious...

Also, my mom left her cell phone in the delivery room, and about half way through an hour of pushing it rang - and just happened to be that "horse running music" you know the one - dun doo doo dun dun - it's hard to type music, but even the doctor laughed! And then my DH actually stopped holding my leg (which fell off the table) to answer it... Really, the entire hour of pushing and whatnot was a comedy of errors!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:44 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• My first was a C-section, so they had the screen up so I couldn't see anything, and the first thing I heard after they got the baby out was, "It's a boy!...We've got waterworks!" He'd peed all over the doctor, lol.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 12:44 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I don't know how funny this will be to others but here goes. My water broke when we were in Wal-Mart. SO starts panicking and rushing me towards the door. The whole way my 6 year old is bending over trying to get a good view of my wet pants, asking me in a loud voice "Mom, did you pee on yourself?" while his dad is trying to shush him. I couldn't help but laugh at them. Now my son is 3 and I just found out that when my water broke, my SO really did think I peed in my pants and was tactfully trying not to mention it!
    nmmama09

Answer by nmmama09 at 12:44 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Right after my DS was born I told my mother "Can't believe you did that for me. Thank you I so didn't deserve it."
    FuzNet

Answer by FuzNet at 12:42 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• LOL at the music Sabrina! I can so picture that in my head! :o)
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 12:45 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• oh I almost forgot birth #1 LOL

so I was only 17... no clue what it all was gonna feel like and such... no meds at all.... About an hour after being admitted, I tell the nurse "I have to take a sh!t" (yes that exact wording!) So then my mom tells me not to say sh!t, so we're bickering about wether or not I should say it! LOL such a silly thing to happy during child birth. The whole time the nurse is telling me "no it's the baby" and I'm like "NO I need to sh!t!"

DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 12:51 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• First baby and im in labor 14 hours and pushed for 3 hours! my daughter was a whale i swear! so im pushing and by now my amazing epidural is not working much anymore so im kinda yelling in pain and my nurse tells me, " now sweetie we cant yell in here." i was so pissed i took my hand away from my husband (which he was holding very tight since he knew what i was about to do) and i smacked her across that face and said get the hell out of my room! she left and my mom took her place! i feel bad now and i wrote her a card thanking her for helping in my lobar and that i was sorry for hitting her but she should never tell a woman not yell when your pushing out at 9 pound baby!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 12:57 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• My daughter was an emergency C-Section due to heart decels, as the dr was warning me that she may not cry right away they would have to clear her throat...she started SCREAMING before he even got her OUT! LOL....It was SO LOUD! lol

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 1:22 PM on Jun. 29, 2010