Why do all my male friends "fall in love" with me?

I'm not having sex with them or leading them on, they know they are just friends but I've had a few fall head over heels for me and they get almost obsessive.... I don't understand.... yet I can't seem to get my SO attention (yes I have guy friends but they are usually less drama lol) Anyone else have this happen to them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:40 PM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• I had that problem, I had 3 best friends all male and every single one of them had feelings for me and it made it weird.. so now im just friends with girls
    kleigh24

Answer by kleigh24 at 12:41 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I did have that problem - all my male friends at one point or another seemed to have a thing for me. When my boyfriend (now DH) and I broke up for a while, 3 different mutual male friends of ours "stepped forward". I don't know why.

Maybe we're just awesome, lol.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 12:46 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• they find you easy to talk to, you are around a lot, and they probably find you attractive to begin with.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 12:47 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• It's called charisma. I've always had the same problem, but when I was younger it wasn't so bad because I didn't have a husband. It's not intentional, but friends usually have more in common than people you date. When a guys sees a woman that they get along with, have fun with, and especially enjoy laughing with, it kinda puts them into overdrive. When I was younger it was always funny. My highschool boyfriend was a sport about it. The general way it played out was, we became friends, hung out, a few months later they would fall in love, let me know and then they would get hurt and ignore me for awhile when I told them we were just friends, and then about 3 months later they would come back, apologize and want to be friends again, but clearly understanding the boundaries. As far as your SO, he might just be "comfortable" and not think he needs to act further or step up his game because he already has you.
    Pumelo

Answer by Pumelo at 12:50 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Because they can't have you. LOL, that's why. They think it's love because they build it up so much in their head - if they actually GOT you, it would kill the dream they have and they'd probably get over it.
    Blubuni99

Answer by Blubuni99 at 12:53 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Because men and women usually cannot be just friends. Sooner or later one of them is going to develop feelings for the other...it is human nature.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 2:19 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I had this problem as well, and although it sometimes feels nice, it's definitely a problem. I guess just keep the communication open and honest with them and that's all you can do.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 9:20 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Are you a friendly person? (Not flirty, friendly.) I can be a very friendly person which for some reason seems to be "attractive" to guys. It sucks when they want to turn it into more. I had a (girl) friend tell me that "I'm jovial". I like that! But due to stupid accusations I am pretty darn reserved IRL now when it comes to guys.
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 7:56 PM on Jul. 3, 2010