Can you please STOP?

Stop blaming EVERY christian for an individual christian's actions/mistakes? Just because one christian does something, it doesn't mean all Christians back them up! You would think that grown adults would know this...

armywife43

Asked by armywife43 at 12:59 PM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I'm sorry people do that to you. Just know that not all non-christians blame every christian for the bad thing from a single one. I personally just blame the one.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 1:01 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• that is like saying all blacks are from the ghetto or all hispanics only speak spanish. Why must people group people together like that?
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 1:01 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Eh, I'm blaming the athiests. Kidding!
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:01 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I think some people do that without even realizing it until it is pointed out to them.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:02 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• This goes for every religion not just Christianity. A single person with radical beliefs can change how many people see that whole belief system.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 1:05 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• You know this goes both ways right?
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 1:06 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• My bet - A CM member did it. lol JK
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 1:07 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Just because one christian does something, it doesn't mean all Christians back them up!

Just because "not all" back them up doesn't mean none of them do either. It's an interesting addition to this new point system. You can click someone's name to see who bumped their answers. Even if someone doesn't outright agree with a sentiment like "I think (the atheist billboard) is stupid!", you can see who voted that answer up. Even if it's people who outwardly made noises about it not being right. End result - the hypocrisy will out. Now, would you rather people individually call out by name every single person who agrees and votes up an answer (which, btw would be a violation of current ToS - calling someone out who hasn't posted), or would you rather deal with generalized terms, even though they are USUALLY qualified with other adjectives? Or would you rather paint all non-Christians with the words of the few who don't?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:07 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• As others have said, goes both ways.

Ive also noticed that if a good chunk of people act a certain way then the judgement is gonna be there...like it or not. Its human nature and it wont change.

So you either let it drive you mad or you ignore it and realize within yourself that its just some not all.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 1:12 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• You don't have to call out individuals, it's easy enough to say "some Christians" or "certain Christians." I don't like it when the majority are impugned with the few.
    solamama

Answer by solamama at 1:14 PM on Jun. 29, 2010