• In the Spotlight:

How old is your child and how much of their baby clothing do you still have?

She's 3 and I still have all my maternity clothes. I have all of her clothes up to 9 months (just in case). Most of this is neutral colors and onsies really don't have a season.

Jademom07

Asked by Jademom07 at 1:11 PM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I have 8 kids, and until recently I had TONS of their baby clothes. I decided that instead of letting it sit around my house collecting dust, I would donate it to families in need. It has worked out GREAT for my family. It teaches the kids about helping others, and has really opened up space in my house. I post on Craigslist and then families can contact me. It is a great feeling being able to help others. The only stipulations that I have when I give my kids older/outgrown clothes, toys, books, and movies is that the person who receives them is : 1. Trying to better themselves & their situation. Basically doing their best to overcome the hardships that they are being faced with 2. When they are done with the items and no longer have a use for them, I ask that they "pay it forward" by giving the items to another in need. All I kept of my kids baby stuff was their "coming home outfit". Otherwise gave away the rest!! :)
    kiddosX8

Answer by kiddosX8 at 1:18 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• she is 3. i dont have much at all. when we moved i got rid of all of it except one or two things for sentimental value. and one blanket. and now i'm pregnant and have nothing. lol
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 1:14 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• My DD is 2.5. I have ALL of her clothes in rubbermaid tubs in storage, which is a good thing, because I'm having another little girl late this fall. I figured I'd keep her clothes until I was finished having kids and don't need them anymore.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 1:14 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Our son is a bit over 2-1/2 and I don't have anything that doesn't fit him - I got rid of it ALL as fast as he out grew it - I just gave away the last of my maternity clothes also to help keep up motivation to lose weight.. I knew after 6 months that he was going to be an only child.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:17 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• My dd will be four in a month and a few days. I still have ALL of her baby clothes along with all of my maternity clothes, which I am now using. I saved all of the baby clothes in case I had a girl for my last time. Turns out the garage sale will be full of baby clothes this weekend. We're having a boy.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 1:31 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I have 2 sons, 22 and 8 months. I have all the clothes, and well, everything. Just incase the 3rd is another boy. My mom has saved all my nieces nice things incase we have a girl. All the baby gear things are green. And frankly, at this point, I don't care if the washcloth is blue or not. It all cleans the same LOL
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 1:56 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• DS is 4 1/2. I knew that he was going to be our only child but kept everything up until last year. We had a yard sale with the major furniture and clothing. What didn't sell we either gave away or dropped off at goodwill. Every 6 months or so I go through his things and clean them out. I did however save his blanket from the hospital and other baby blanket, his outfit that he came home in and several other sentimental outfits.
    Codysmom2106

Answer by Codysmom2106 at 2:01 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Mine are 10 and 5. I saved 1 or 2 outfits from each of them, and a pair of shoes. I'm done having babies.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 2:57 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• My oldest is 8.5 and my youngest is 3 (2 between them) and I still have pretty much everything baby - maternity clothes, baby clothes, etc - the only things I don't have are the pack & play, crib, toddler bed, high chair, bath tub, bouncy seat, and a handful of clothes that I gave to someone.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 3:38 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Mine are 17 and 15, I kept the most adorable outfits, the ones in pictures from when they where babies..lol
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 5:09 PM on Jun. 29, 2010