did your big screen tv break already?

so i dont know how many people own big screens but most of the people i know, the picture seems to go out and its more expensive to get it fixed then it is to just buy another one. it seems that the little older tvs that aren't flat screen or a big screen are more trusty then these.

whats your take on it?

americansugar80

Asked by americansugar80 at 1:14 PM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Kinda. What was a small blue dot a few weeks ago is now a small blue/red line. It's a flat screen Sony LCD. Luckily, there's a 5 year warranty.

If you're going to pay that much for a TV, you get the warranty!
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 1:17 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• sorry...if you pay that much for something you shouldnt have to fuc* with it so often
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 1:24 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• No but I don't see the big Whoop! lol

My hubby worked on me for 6 WEEKS to get this stupid tv,....Its no better than the one we had that is now in our bedroom...just a WATSE of $$ of you ask me.

Its also a PAIN in the BUTTOCKS with the HD...sometimes you have to turn off the tv part but NOT the cable box then try again...I just want to hit POWER and it turns on...is that too much to ask of a TV??

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 1:20 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• i agree with DusterMommy. we've had ours for about 4 months now and no problems so far. we have a year warranty on it, but plan on getting an extension when we can afford it, sometime hopefully before it expires. warranty's can be cheaper than actually fixing it!
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 1:20 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• My hubby said NO LCD..they are known to break easily because of the way the screen is made.

sweet-a-kins

• I had a regular 13" white JVC TV for my kitchen. The cable connection in the back broke so we went and bought a LG 19" flat screen to replace it. The picture SU*KS and the sound is terrible. It sounds like an old transistor radio. I'm going to try & have my old one fixed and return this new one. I am really disappointed in the quality. They DO NOT make anything like they used to. I have an older big screen 50" TV in the den for over 10 years and I really wanted to replace it with a flat screen but I'm going to wait now.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:21 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• We have 2 and love them...and yes they both have long warranties! The only thing we've ever had a problem with is our blue ray player. We've learned it needs frequent downloads though..like every 6 months...which is really really STUPID. My dh paid 500 dollars for our blueray and i think if you pay th
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 1:23 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Everyone should research and ask around before making such a hefty purchase. Of course the sales people aren't going to tell you about issues you may have with a TV they want you to buy.... Always get the warranty on expensive electronics and don't go for the newest technology out there - new means untested and you'll be the guinea pig.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 1:37 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Well my kids threw a building block at our flat screen LCD Tv 3 months in and cracked the circuit board so............................ I want a Zenith again. You know the old ones that stood on the floor and were HUGE
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 1:48 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• We still don't have a flat screen TV or big screen. We are waiting until our next move to get one.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 2:08 PM on Jun. 29, 2010