Did you wait the 6 weeks?

My question is did you wait the whole 6 weeks to have sex after giving birth? With my 2 older ones I waited 12 days with both. With my 2 week old I still havent had sex. I had my 2 older ones natural, had to have an episiotomy with my 2 year old and i tore with my 1 year old. I had a c-section with my 2 week old. Im just terrified to have sex knowing that I had the c-section. I feel great and all Im just scared that maybe the inside incision isnt healed and that it could cause problems? How would you know if its healed or not? It doesnt hurt so IDK. You would think Id be more scared to have sex after vaginally delivering with my past babies but Im not. I just need all the advice I can get...Yes I know that your supposed to wait 6 weeks but even after 6 weeks how would I be sure my incision on the inside is healed and wont cause problems...

VanAJNTJsMommy

Asked by VanAJNTJsMommy at 1:15 PM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I waited 7 weeks. For the first 5, DH was not home (military). After that, I was just afraid to have sex. It took another 3 weeks or so after the 7 for it to start feeling good.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 1:19 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I waited 6 weeks and then some. I bled a lot for my three kids...at least for 4-5 weeks (off and on). I was afraid of it hurting and I was just exhausted from having a newborn. Also, I would always be pissed at my dh becasue he wouldn't ahve sex w/ me when i was pregnant at all!!
    Shymama3

Answer by Shymama3 at 1:21 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• No i did not wait the 6 weeks. I think I wait about 3 weeks. I only bled for 12 days after i had my daughter!!! Thank Goodness.
    tinkerbell319

Answer by tinkerbell319 at 1:29 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Yes and then some with all three of my kids.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 1:33 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I waited 6 weeks with both of my vaginal births, I tore and was cut on both. If I were you I would definetely wait having a c-section, I would think it would be even more dangerous because you may could bleed internally?? Better safe than sorry!!
    BandME

Answer by BandME at 1:35 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• i waited four week with both my kids.
    2boysmommi

Answer by 2boysmommi at 1:51 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I had a c-section with my last one, and I think I may have waited 2 weeks? I wasn't hurting, so I figured I was healed enough.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 1:51 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• i had my baby 2 months ago and still have not had sex, although i know i am healed (vag birth) i for some reason am kinda scared to have sex again... maybe because i am terrified to get pregnant again cuz i do not want another baby atleast for 4 years, i am on birth control now but i dont really trust it 100% i dont really have an intrest for sex either right now so i dont even think about it.
    cnv13085

Answer by cnv13085 at 2:36 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I had a c section. W resumed sex after i stopped bleeding. Which was 3 weeks :) Just be carefull. :)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 4:04 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• i wish i had waited longer, she's 8 months old and i still tear after sex now, just wait!!!
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 4:06 PM on Jun. 29, 2010