bath time HELP

my son is 17 months old, up until three weeks ago he LOVED bath time! now he will screem bloody murder. any ideas on how we can get our bath/play time back. I tried to put him in the shower...didnt work, tried the sink....... we went to a hotel last night and he didnt even want this feet in the water.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:23 PM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Get in with him. Maybe when he sees mommy playing in the tub, he will want to get in too. For our DD, I bought a toddler shower hose at www.onestepahead.com that has a shark head on it and is the perfect height for her to take her own shower (supervised of course).  It attaches to the big shower head.

Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:25 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• This seems to be common for around this age, try putting him in a swimsuit or getting in yours and going in with him and making it more of a game - OR... try making it fun with colored bubbles or water crayons and do a quick scrub - I put barely any water in the tub when max went through this and let the shower handle come down and did that for a couple weeks - at one point my husband even had to hold him while I washed his hair as he screamed.. it got easier.. it only lasted a month for max - some kids less and some kids longer.. good luck - I would say to get creative and lastly, make it fast!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:26 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Are you checking temperature? I'm sure you are, but maybe he is more sensitive about it now. Did something happen? Did he slip under the water at one time? Or maybe accidentally had the water too hot/cold on time? My daughter became scared of water being poured on her after it was too hot one time :/ It was an accident and only one time but it really affected her.
    Deathlilly

Answer by Deathlilly at 1:27 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I agree with deathlilly. One night I made the water cooler than usual, not cold but cool, since it was so hot out. And my youngest wasn't pleased. So I drained it and have always kept it the same temp, even though they like a cool pool outside. Go figure!!
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 1:33 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• We went through a phase like this and I got through it by putting the baby bathtub inside the tub until my daughter decided she was OK in just the tub. The other thing that helped was putting big fish decals (those non-slip kind) in the bottom of our tub.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 2:49 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Bath toys help make bathtime more fun. The problem I had was washing their hair. They fussed at one drop of water running down their face. I always had a towel to blot their foreheads and face if water ran down.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 5:08 PM on Jun. 29, 2010