what will i need to prepair myself for the birth of my first girl?

this is my first kid and i have no clue how to prepair myself for the labor and delivery part i am fine far as after but not one clue on how to do things i dont even know what a contraction feels like someone please help.

ecooke1985

Asked by ecooke1985 at 1:27 PM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Relax. Your body will know what to do. and as for contractions, they feel like strong cramps and will get stronger the further you get into labor.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:29 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• There is really nothing anyone can tell you to prepare you LOL It may not go as you think or as planned. Contractions are very painful for some and not quite as painful for others. When I was on the monitor they weren't increadibly painful for me until they were up at 8. But the stomach hardens, that's the best way to describe it. And only about 20-25% of womens water breaks. Mine never did both of my births. Had to be induced with both births actually, both due to dangerously low amneotic fluid. But when the contractions got very painful, due to the petocin I said give me the epideral please. I'm not the greatest help since I had neither child "naturally". My second son though I went into early labor 3x and lived in the hospital the last month of pregnancy. Not so fun.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 1:31 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• well a real contraction feels like a massive period cramp..its very painful. they last from 30-70sec an goes away all up until u deliver. u should pick up a used copy of "what to expect when expecting" its a very popular book. an ive had it since ive had my son 2 yrs ago- an i still read it now being prego with my daughter, it is really helpful for the 1st time moms. it has what labor all about a from the start of pregnancy til the very end. also postpardum. its a very good book-it comes in handy when u have alot of questions
    JaydnsMom22

Answer by JaydnsMom22 at 1:32 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• After the birth, there will be LOTS of people at the hospital to help prepare you. For me, a lot of almost came naturally, like instinct. Just relax, and when you have questions, ASK!! As for the labor aspect, your body will know what to do, and trust me, you will know when its time. Good Luck, and congrats on the girl :) It took me 7 tries, and seven boys before I finally had my first girl, They truly are a blessing.
    kiddosX8

Answer by kiddosX8 at 1:33 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Ask questions! When you are in the L&D room, everytime they want to do something ask why. What is the prurpose? What are they looking for? As far as what it will feel like, every woman experiences it differently. But if you feel the urge to poo while having contractions, call the nurse. That pretty much every woman feels when it's time to push.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 1:34 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• your body will know what to do and if u ever have any questions call your doc! you will do fine! dont worry!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 1:52 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• PINK PINK PINK!!!! Good Luck!

vanillapie

Answer by vanillapie at 10:46 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• The best advice I can give you is "relax" and do not fight the contractions. When you tighten up you restrict the blood flow to the uterus thus... creating pain. If you relax the blood flows through and you are in less pain. Think good thoughts and welcome each contraction as a wave you are surfing over. Picture yourself surfing it...seriously. You really should have a Doula to help you with these things! It will make all the difference. I am a Doula but in Ca. so I can't help you but I seriously recommend finding one in your area. It's worth the little extra money spent. Good luck and best wishes.
    doula1

Answer by doula1 at 10:20 AM on Jul. 10, 2010