Should the Supreme Court hearings be televised?

Kagan also spoke favorably of televising Supreme Court proceedings. "It would be a great thing for the court, and it would be a great thing for the American people," she said.

She said recent rulings upholding gun rights are a "binding precedent" for future cases, and said Supreme Court holdings require that in any attempt to restrict access to abortion, "the woman's life and the woman's health must be protected."

Should the Supreme Court hearings be televised? Would anyone watch?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_kagan_supreme_court

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 1:36 PM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Sweet that's what I was thinking - C-Span is on 24/7 and boring as hell; maybe this would get them some ratings! hahaha; it might be a little more lively; who knows...at least the cases are generally more important and impactful...
    beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 2:50 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• My first instinct is yes, I'd like to watch. But I know someone is going to make a great point as to why not, and then I'm going to be like, oh, yeah.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:44 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I'm not sure. These days the media is ridiculous and being able to watch it gives them more crap to make stories up about. Then there is the second way to look at it. America could watch just what was happening giving them the knowledge of truth when the media put out partisan stories.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 2:04 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

LOL!! I think they could put it on tv all they want..WHO would watch?? How many watch C-Span? NOT MANY!! LMao

sweet-a-kins

Comment by sweet-a-kins (original poster) at 1:49 PM on Jun. 29, 2010