Do you pay attention to what you vote up?

I've seen a lot of sad answers voted up in that 11-midnight hour to use up points, and I've seen a lot of answer get downvoted to -5 or 6, only to have people come along later and vote them back up. When you vote something up, do you do it with the idea in mind that anyone who clicks on the name of the person who answered will be able to see that you voted that answer up - essentially that you signed your name to their sentiment? It doesn't list individual answers if there are multiple answers from the same user in the same question, but unless they have several that contradict each other, the general meaning is still there.

I wasn't really paying attention to it the first few days, but after thinking about it more, I am now.

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 1:36 PM on Jun. 29, 2010 in About CafeMom

• At first No - now yes.
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 1:38 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I always try to select the person's answer I agree with the most or the one that I feel gave the best answer.
    SandraLee242

Answer by SandraLee242 at 1:40 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Yes, I'm paying closer attention to it now.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:40 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I dont get what you mean by "voting up, or down" Do you mean bumping? I am slow...lol :)
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 1:41 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Yes. I am. If I have forty or so answers left to bump, though, I start getting a little crazy about it. I'll haunt transcript of people who I know answer well, follow them to their answers, and vote them up.

It's a better method than the going the entire first length of a page and just voting everyone up.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:42 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I do pay attention to what it is that I am voting up. I like to give my honest input.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 1:43 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Yes I vote up answers I like, agree with, or think they are the best answer.
    BandME

Answer by BandME at 1:45 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I use the vote ups like virtual "high fives!" Comes in handy here in the Politics section! LOL :O)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 1:53 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• HAHA!!!! OH I SEE!!!!! LOL LOL LOL!!!!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 1:54 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I realized pretty quickly by looking through my transcript that when I voted up something my name was going to be attached to it. I figured from the start I would only vote up something that I not only agree with but that is a good answer to the question. I try to read all of the answers to the question to choose a good one.
    Codysmom2106

Answer by Codysmom2106 at 1:55 PM on Jun. 29, 2010