Frozen dinner? NO MORE PLEASE!

Okay so me and my boyfriend have a very bad habit of being lazy and just cooking a frozen pizza or hot pockets...something like that for dinner. We have food and plenty of it but the thing is neither of us really know how to cook, were super young (just moved into together) and new to this entire "cooking" thing. So can you ladies please help me out with some EASY recipes I can try....like some of the first dinners you ladies learned how to cook :) Thanks!

Brianna-Ravae

Asked by Brianna-Ravae at 1:56 PM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Food & Drink

• the cambels soup website has some good easy recipes.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 1:57 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I started out cooking like box dinners, the ones that have all the ingredients inside. Also Meat is easy to cook, try stuff like boneless chicken and then use like can sides if you have to. Hambugers and stuff like that is hard to mess up too.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 1:59 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I totally recommend the Taste Of Home little check out line mini magazines! They are tear out recipe cards and super easy things to make! Before I moved states, I was like you - frozen or meal out of box type thing, but then I moved and decided to try cooking and bought a bunch of the mini magazines at the store when doing my moving in shopping. I have learned so many things from them!
    It's not as hard as it looks!

One of my favorites is called Ravioli Lasagna
    get a jar of Ragu sauce, a bag of frozen Raviolis from the freezer section, 1lb of ground beef and a bag of shredded mozerella.
    brown your beef (put in a frying pan on about med. heat and keep stirring until it's not pink)
    pour a little sauce into the bottom of your baking dish
    layer a single layer of raviolis on that
    put about 1/2 your meat spread out on top of that
    sprinkle cheese
    repeat those layers
    top with remaining sauce and more cheese
    cover and ba
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 2:01 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• *cover with aluminum foil and bake at 350 for about 30 minutes

(ran out of room LOL)
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 2:02 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I buy hamburger helper and add frozen corn to it just before its done or tuna helper and add frozen peas and carrot and some cheese.
    get a crock pot and join the crockpot group on cafemom
    I was looking through recipe groups on here and found one that uses 5 ingrediants or less. just look up the recipe groups on cafemom.
    also you can do alot with chicken breasts. Do you have a 5quart jumbo frying pan? I use mine all the time for skillet suppers and my crockpot is my favorite! you can put anything into it, leave it all day to cook for you.
    I have alot of ideas you can message me if you would like and I can share alot of ideas with you
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 2:10 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Kraft's website has excellent, easy recipes. The best way to learn to cook is to get into the kitchen and practice. It can be lots of fun too. Maybe you and your bf can both cook some things together! Great way to spend time and enjoy each other's company.
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 2:12 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• here is an easy one... boil a box of macaroni ( i use elbows or shells) after you drain it mix in one pound cooked ground hamburger and on small package of velveeta (cut it in cubes first) its easy and yummy..

staceybear23

Answer by staceybear23 at 2:12 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I so stole your recipe DarkFaery131 lol
    Deathlilly

Answer by Deathlilly at 2:13 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Thank you guys for all the ideas! Yes me and my boyfriend do plan on cooking together, we want to learn together. I mean I want to do most of the cooking so I can finally feel like a house wife (HA HA HA) but we both plan on learning!
    Brianna-Ravae

Comment by Brianna-Ravae (original poster) at 2:16 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• oh and check out some of the Semi Homemade lady's recipes on Food Network (Sandra Lee I think is her name)
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 2:17 PM on Jun. 29, 2010