Homeschoolers: What method do you use?

I prefer the classical method, but would like to hear what others like to use.

solamama

Asked by solamama at 2:01 PM on Jun. 29, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I just buy workbooks and go through them. At least that's what I did for kindergarten. I bought Abeka. For first grade I'm doing mostly Abeka again, the curriculum guide annoys me but the phonics program is really working for my son, I just have to ignore 90% of what the guide tells me to do. I'm going to try math mammoth for math. I guess it's more of a school at home method. It's what I grew up with, it's all I've ever seen. I hear about other styles and I just don't get it, I think I would have to observe it before I could possibly even try something different.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 2:06 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I use the Me method. I just get what will work for us and teach it the way I see fit.
    LostTheSlipper

Answer by LostTheSlipper at 2:12 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I use the unschooling method with everything except reading & math they are mandatory.

usmom3

Answer by usmom3 at 4:01 PM on Jun. 29, 2010