would you pay or not!!!!!

my sister is my daycare provider for the week and shes charging 29.00 a day to watch my daughter, okay thats fine. Now called me and asked for her payment in full today from her father. okay the services werent even rendered and you ask for payment because your appliance is broken and you need a new one. I wonder if shes asking everybody or does she assume we have the money!!!!!
so would you pay today or friday???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:08 PM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Just for Fun

• For anyone one else I would pay on Friday however this is your sister. Do you really want to start a family fued over a few $$$$ being paid a few days early?
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 2:09 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• If your sister needs the money as an emergency, then I'd lend it to her and call it even when the service is rendered. You could have her sign a piece of paper saying this. It is a loan.

Answer by Bmat at 2:10 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I always have to pay in advance. It's in my contract. She's your sister. If she needs the money and you are going to have to pay her anyway, why not pay her now?
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:10 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• When I had my kids in a traditional daycare, we paid on Friday for the following week, I think that's pretty standard.

But - if she's been getting paid at the end of the week and now is changing it because of her own issues I don't see how that's your problem. I guess I would pay her to keep the peace, but I think it's tacky and rude.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 2:10 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• If I had the money and no alternative child care, I would probably just pay it and not ask her to babysit again.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 2:13 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• It being your sister, I'd probably go ahead and do it...as long as you know her well enough to know that she's not going to take the money and then refuse to babysit for the rest of the week,lol.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:15 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• She is your sister. I'm not really seeing the big deal unless you don't have the money yourself. Just tell her yes you can or no you can't. If she doesn't understand no, then it's her problem.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 2:15 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I pay my childcare in advance, every place they have gone is the same, you pay in advance...I would pay and if it became a big or ongoing issue find childcare elsewhere.
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 2:16 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• You are getting a great deal on childcare. Why not pay her early, seriously, this is your sister. What if she decided that the $29 a day wasn't fair and upped her prices in order to be competitive.... If your daughter is there 8 hours, you aren't even paying your sister $4 an hour... how is that fair.... quit being petty and pay her.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 2:16 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I would pay when its due. If its due every friday then I would pay then.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 2:18 PM on Jun. 29, 2010