Drastic Changes

Yesterday I cut 8 inches off of my hair, my husband was shocked. Has anyone done a drastic change on their looks and surprised your family/freinds?

mommy_of_two388

Asked by mommy_of_two388 at 2:11 PM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I did something similar years ago. My bf came in and looked at it and said I looked like a lesbian. What does a lesbian look like? I don't know. I change my hairstyle/color every so often. Get used to it. He's not my bf anymore.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 2:12 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• When I was 16 I had my hair just past my shoulders and I shaved it all off because no one thought I would.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 2:12 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• when i was about 17 my hair was almost all the way down to my butt. i went to a salon and got it almost all cut off. it was about 2 inches long at the longest part. my mom's jaw dropped!
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 2:13 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Yes I basically cut off all my hair. I had a relaxer and I decided to go natural. It has grown out a little more. But when it starts to grow it will be thicker and healthier. My hubby was shocked but he help my cut some spots i missed. He loves rubbing my short hair.
    JayRo00

Answer by JayRo00 at 2:14 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I've chopped my hair down before... I rather like it short short with spikes on top... but no one else does!! LOL
    Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 2:16 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I forgot to add that I had golden blonde hair and then i dyed it a metallic red, lol mu husband who was my bf back then jaw hit the ground. He wasnt sure what t think.
    mommy_of_two388

Comment by mommy_of_two388 (original poster) at 2:15 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Apparently only lesbians have short hair, because when I shaved my head I got called a "dyke" all of the time by the morons I went to school with.
    I think it's funny how people thing that calling someone a homosexual is an insult. The only thing I find insulting about it is that they think it's a bad thing and that I SHOULD be offended by being called gay.
    Morons.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 2:16 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Yep - I chopped my hair off too
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 2:17 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I have been thinking about doing this recently!

usmom3

Answer by usmom3 at 2:34 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I hope you donated it to Pantene. They take 8 inches, when others need longer donations. I did this in April. I didn't surprise my husband though. He knew I was going to do it.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 2:47 PM on Jun. 29, 2010