Are we the United States of America or the Divided States of America?

Have we become too divided amoung ourselves as a country?

marievegan

Asked by marievegan at 2:14 PM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• i think so
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 2:16 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• i think so. there are plenty of state laws that completely contradict the national government. states should not have power over county, but they think they do.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 2:17 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• We are definatley divided, and no shocker here- I think religious belief is at the core of the reason why.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 2:17 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Yes we are.
    Mom2princessq

Answer by Mom2princessq at 2:17 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Honestly I don't think so. I think what makes this country great is that we all have individual beliefs and commitments and yet we can all come together when this country is in trouble and still be strong... That's the blessing about the US, we are all able to be a single individual, to have our dreams and beliefs and lives... And yet, we are all able to be a part of something greater...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:21 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• SabrinaMBowen, while that's true, there is no way to ignore the fact that we are basically divided among Conservative and Liberal lines and it's killing our unity. Those groups are always fighting, always trying to undermine the other... it causes hate, anger, intolerance and sooner or later the destruction of our Government.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 2:23 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• This country is to big to have one way of doing things & being a free country we all want to live our lives the way we want, not the way someone tells us to live! So yes we are divided but that is the only way we can stay free because to unit us we would have to all have to think alike & that just will never happen.

usmom3

Answer by usmom3 at 2:32 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I'm not talking Government... I'm talking individuals... Our government is always - ALWAYS - about hate, anger, intolerance, and the back and fourth arguing that never gets anything done... I think most of them are... But it's the individual citizens that really make up a country, not the government. And as a whole, I don't think we are any more divided than we are bonded!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:34 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I only see the citizens bond after a tragedy- any other time it's nothing but bickering and hate over dumb ass things. It takes death and detruction to unite the people- it shouldn't BE that way, but it is.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 2:39 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Neither.

We are the Corporation of the United States of America. Everything these days is business. Ppl being put out of their homes, jobs being lost, medical needs neglected, and its all b/c of money. I think that the U.S. has long abandon the dream of the founders; Life, LIBERTY, and the Pursuit of Happiness.

sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 2:45 PM on Jun. 29, 2010