Let yourself go?

Do any of you ladies feel like you kind of let yourself go....after being with my boyfriend for so long I feel like I don't dress up or do my make up as much as I use to! Do any of you feel the same?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:17 PM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I make it a point to dress, wear makeup and do my hair just about every day even though I'm a SAHM now. It makes me feel better about myself.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 2:19 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I know I do not look the same or out do myself anymore as I did when I was younger and started dating my hubby but I don't feel like i've let myself go all the way yet. After 11 years together I still try to look cute for him when we go anywhere, I still try to do something about my weight if I am not happy with it. Maybe one day I will stop trying, but I am not ready yet, I am still young and like to feel young as long as I can!
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 2:19 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I did for a while when I first started being a SAHM but then I started getting dressed everyday. I know DH didn't want to see me in my PJ's when he came home. Plus now that the kids are older and doing activities, im always on the go. Don't get too comfy men dont like to see that all the time.
    JayRo00

Answer by JayRo00 at 2:20 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• kinda. i did when i was pregnant. i'v never been one to dress up and put on make up though. this time around i'm trying not to gain so much weight. so far i'm doing good!
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 2:20 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• When I had young children I am sure I did. I had no car, no money, no time. I pretty much worked on children, house, and garden all the time except when sleeping. When I got a car and had some money, and could arrange to trade babysititng, then I had some time to get my hair fixed and to be more careful how I dressed.

Answer by Bmat at 2:20 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I've never really done my hair, makeup and dressed well lol. I figured if my husband was going to love me he needed to love me at my worst too, and lucky me, he does :) I purposefully didn't do ANYTHING with my hair or makeup (and went a couple days without deodorant) when we first started dating lol. I figured if he could love me when I didn't look (or smell) my best then he was a keeper. I don't like to be fake, and I'm not a person who cares overmuch about my outward appearance.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 2:22 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Well... Yes and no.
    I still do my hair and put on makeup, and I def don't hang around in pajamas or sweats all day. My usual is jeans and a tank top/fitted t-shirt (in the winter, throw a hoodie over it). But before I had our daughter, I was ALWAYS in heels (and I'm 5'11"), and a super-push up bra, LoL. I still put effort into my appearance, but it's a lil more relaxed (I'm just shy of 27; I'm not ready to stop caring about my appearance)!
    Kassey713

Answer by Kassey713 at 3:55 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Somewhat. I try to get dressed in the mornings, even if it's just yoga pants and a tank top. I only wear makeup when I'm going out because I buy expensive stuff, so why waste it if no one sees it?
    rockinmomto2

Answer by rockinmomto2 at 4:31 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I used to when my kids were young.  When I hit my 40's I lost 35 lbs and dumped the frump, and she is never coming back.  RIP!

beeky

Answer by beeky at 8:08 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I still shower, do my hair and my make-up almost everyday & I have been w/ my husband for 5 years. Some days I do have lazy days and dont do all that but he loves me the same either way ( I hope! Haha ) But, I do use less make-up and spend less time doing my hair and all that since I now have a kid to chase after all day, and have to clean, cook, do laundry etc.. (Im a SAHM).. I am about 10-15 lbs heavier then when we first met but I try to keep myself in shape. (I was 16 when we first met, lol.) & I dont just do those things for him either, I do them because I like to be able to feel good about myself and like to keep myself up (somewhat) ! I guess Ive always been that way though.
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 8:25 PM on Jun. 29, 2010