Do you have a theme for your kids' rooms?

What are the themes? Did you choose them or let your kids?

solamama

Asked by solamama at 2:19 PM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Home & Garden

• My boys share a room. The theme of the room is clutter. Dirty laundry is the sub-theme.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:26 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• My ten year old loves motorcycles. So the theme of his room is Harley Davidson.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 2:20 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• 14 yr old boy..his theme is MESSY
    10 yr old girl..her theme changes with the wind, but green and blue mod, 60's hip
    toddler, just bright colors hot pink and white shag rug, stars and moons on the ceiling
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 2:23 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I chose a vintage sports theme for my older son's room, and vintage airplanes for my younger son's room. And then painted the walls and added accessories to match/coordinate with the theme--including the bedding, drapes, and area rugs. I wanted a more "mature" theme, that they could grow into, and that wouldn't look babyish when they were teenagers!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 2:23 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• DS has a sports room. He picked it
    GavinsMommii

Answer by GavinsMommii at 2:20 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Pink princess but not disney.
    Mom2princessq

Answer by Mom2princessq at 2:21 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• My youngest son has sports. We get sports pennants and pinned them up for a border, he's got all sorts of teams from all sports including his favorite Atlanta Braves and Carolina Hurricanes.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 2:21 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• My DS theme is a Castle, and My DD's room in princess/fairies... I picked them both from when they were babies... but I will let them pic out something else when I have the cash to make some changes!!

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 2:22 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• she picked when she was 3..she chose strawberry shortcake..so thats what it is...but shes 6 now, and wants something new...at the moment its kinda half strawberry shortcake, half hannah montana
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 2:23 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• There isn't a "theme" per say, but my son has a Cars poster, Cars bedding set and various other vehicle pictures and things in his room. He loves all modes of transportation and is really into the movie Cars so it's loosely decorated around that. When his little sister was born my parents bought him new bedroom furniture so all of his furniture matches and will do him until he moves out.

My daughter's room has those peel off wall decals on the walls or little birds and trees and cute things like that. All in sage greens and rose pinks. Her crib bedding is french toile and is pink and ivory. Really pretty and cute.
    I figured I get the girly stuff in there while she's too young to care, in case she's a tomboy when she's older.

I can't wait until the kids are old enough to pick their own colours and decorate their own rooms. It will be interesting to see what they come up with.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 2:23 PM on Jun. 29, 2010