first communion in denver area

designing a first communion dress for a family member- Live in the greater Denver area - anyone know what's popular for first communion dresses in this area? I've already contacted the church asking what the rules are.
Wondering if anyone has suggestions on what's popular for them right now-
thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:20 PM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Wish that I could answer. My DF lives in that area and is Catholic, he might know. I will ask him! But I wanted to answer so I could find your question later!
    beanielips

Answer by beanielips at 9:47 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I don't live in the Denver area, so I can't really answer your question. I just wanted to say congratulations! That will be a special day.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 4:29 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I don't know what is popular in Denver but it is a good idea that you contacted the church. Some churches are stricter than others and don't allow dresses with straps instead of sleeves. If you design one like that you may also have to make a covering to wear during the service.
    erdavh

Answer by erdavh at 8:34 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• thanks beanielips- I'll be looking for your answer. :)
    It would all come down to what my niece wants, but I'd like to keep popularity in mind after hearing story of a little girl that burst into tears after seeing the dress that her grandma bought for her- it was short sleeved and long sleeves where the 'in' thing in her area.

thanks!
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 3:02 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• btw- I did call the church about it- was told that they weren't strict and that they didn't have any rules. That the girls could wear what they wanted.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 3:03 PM on Jul. 6, 2010