Why does it seem that cats always like to stick thier stinky butts in your face? lol

Every cat I've ever had...they sit on my lap and I pet them , and they get all into thier little massage and walk in circles and BAM! Before ya know it..theres the stinky cat but hiked up into your face,lol.
Why is that? Is it their form of gratitude or something? lol
sheesh...gotta love the felines,lol.

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 2:21 PM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Pets

• Haha, I have no idea why but all 3 of mine to it too and it drives me crazy!
    cjsjellybean

Answer by cjsjellybean at 2:22 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• That's how cat "friends" greet each other. He is offering you a greeting. LOL.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 2:24 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Sniffing that area is how they make friends for one thing, so probably they are just greeting you. My FIL used to say they were taking a picture LOL!

Answer by Bmat at 2:24 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• they must think that you like your face to smell like stinky cat butt
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 2:26 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Gotta' Love cats! I have 12 cats now. Most don't do that. But I've had it done to me before!! I just say you got to love them! They so make up for it don't they? Like each time they have to throw up! You try to get them out the door but they won't go until every bit of throw up is on the carpet. Then they'll go out!!! Love my cats!! Good luck! you're very special!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 8:25 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• maybe they will be going in heat soon. All I know is when my cat is near her heat cycle I pet her and she starts to Jack up her behind and the more I pet her she seems to like it but she doesn't do that to my face if she did I would stop.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 1:16 AM on Jun. 30, 2010