Do you believe

that in every relationship/marriage there is one who loves more than the other? I read that in a book long ago that one always loves more...if you believe it ,who is it in your relationship that loves more you or your partner?...if you don't believe it as in you both love equally, why do you feel this way?

salexander

Asked by salexander at 2:22 PM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I think at times, it appears that way. I also think that if you ask one or the other we will say that obviously we love our husbands more than they love us. But it is all about love languages and how love is expressed and communicated to each other.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 5:04 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I think this is true but at different times one may love the other more or less. That's what our pastor told us during out pre-marriage counseling.

Mom2princessq

Answer by Mom2princessq at 2:24 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• i love more and compromise more and give more and try to fix more and listen more and more and more and more

i think it is unhealthy and a very wise woman on here told me the other day, something to this effect
    thanks kind stranger
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 2:25 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I'm not sure that love means the same thing to a man and a woman. I suspect that I love my husband more, but this could be because I have a more romantic nature.

Answer by Bmat at 2:26 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I think it varies from circumstance to circumstance. Overall, though I think the love is the same if there are doubts they'd come out eventually.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 2:32 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I really don't think there's a way to measure, so you can't really make a comparison.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 2:46 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Oh, and which do you think is harder? To be the one who loves more, or the one who loves less?
    salexander

Comment by salexander (original poster) at 2:23 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I believe that it depends on the current situations in the relationship. In some ways I believe I love more and in some ways I believe he loves more. In the end, it is probably even. We all have our moments when we are overwhelmed and if your partner loves you they will pick up the slack or just give you some slack to vent and you do the same in return.
    Cheryl4424

Answer by Cheryl4424 at 2:25 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I believe everyone loves differently, but not necessarily LESS. I am a very intense lover. I'm hot and cold and overly emotional when it comes to how I love my husband. I'm either completely blissful or mad at him lol. He loves me in a deeper, more abiding manner, but without the passion that I have. So I'm the passionate one, he's the deep one... but I don't think either of us loves the other LESS. I sometimes feel like I love him more because he never has that overwhelming passion and I'm sure he sometimes feels like he loves me more because I don't have the placid, totally happy no matter what happens as long as I have you attitude that he has.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 2:26 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I believe it's impossible to know who loves who the most... But that yeah, there is always someone who loves the other more. And I think it's something that changes... There are points in any good marriage where you love him more and where he loves you more... Love isnt' like money, you can't put a number on it - it's an emotion and it changes all the time... I would say at this point, I love him more, because he has the kids at the store so I can just chill... But once the kids are down, he definitely loves me more, cause I would always rather sleep - and he knows it!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:28 PM on Jun. 29, 2010