How do I get my CURRENT credit score/report w/o any strings attached?

I just want my info. I don't want subscriptions, emails, letters, offers, phone calls or unexpected bills. Is this possible? I don't really like the privacy policies I'm reading. There was a recent BIG mistake on my credit and I want to be sure it's been handled since DH and I are going to buy a car and house soon. I don't want to apply just to be denied cause the problem hasn't been solved. My online crappy subscription hasn't shown any change in my score or report even though the collection agency I spoke to said the mistake should be gone by now. That subscription doesn't guarantee accuracy or up to date info so I'll be cancelling. Where can I just get what I want?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:23 PM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Money & Work

• You may have to google it, but there is a legitimate website that offers a free credit report annually, no strings attached, only thing it only provides you with a summary of your credit report, no score but I believe that you are able to obtain a credit report from each of the 3 major credit bureaus.
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 2:29 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• you ca sign up for a free 30 day trail at freecreditreport.com and then cancel it before 30 days anre through. I do it about twice a year. :)
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 2:44 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Someone just posted yesterday that creditkarma.com was free, so I took a look and it looks legit. I pulled up my credit score without having to pay anything and it was accurate. You can get your free credit report at annualcreditreport.com with no strings attached.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 3:17 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• If you go to www.Safetyforall.INFO (its my own site) and click the enroll now portion..choosing where you live and such...JUST CHOOSE Identity theft in the second section, for 1 bureau..not only will you get free access to your credit report 365 days a year, but you get wo protect ANYONE in your family (spouse, and minors) all under 1 policy and COMPLETE FREE GUARANTEED restoration...all provided by Kroll who is NUmber 1 in the world in IDT protection (they protect our US Government)
    its only like 10 bucks I think, maybe 20....but THERE IS NO LONG TERM contract you can get it, get what you want and cancel if you wanted....
    Wonderful Biz
    Happymom2-2

Answer by Happymom2-2 at 3:19 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I went to all 3 of the big credit agencies sites (experian, trans-soemthing or other, can't remember them all right now) and could do it from any of the 3 for free, and haven't had any issues with e-mails or anything since then. Doing it from other sites is what makes it iffy, doing it directly from them is best. I know when I printed DH's there was a pay-for option for some monitoring thing, I just clicked that I didn't want it, printed, and was done. Took 17 pages, but I was happy!
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 3:26 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• annualcreditreport.com will give you a free credit REPORT from each of the three major credit bureaus. That is the site set up by the Federal Government. If there is an error on your report you can also request a free copy from each of the credit bureaus. If you've been denied credit, you can also get a free report.

As far as getting your score goes, I have no idea how you get it for free. It sounds like creditkarma.com is legitimate. But they have to pay a small fee to get your score, so to me, it would only make sense that you would have to pay a fee to get that score as well.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 3:30 PM on Jun. 29, 2010