Have you had allergy testing done (the patch testing on your back)?

Just wondering how long I'm going to be uncomfortable! I'm getting it done in the morning...will I still be itchy in the evening?

Kynsicat

Asked by Kynsicat at 2:30 PM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Health

• I have never had it done but my children have... They were uncomfortable until the middle of the next day... I guess it all depends on how bad some of the allergies are...
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 2:33 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I've never had the test but my father and brother have. If you have a minor allergy the itchiness is minor and goes away quickly. If the allergy is severe you may swell at that site and become tender and itchy for about 24 to 36 hours.
    Cheryl4424

Answer by Cheryl4424 at 2:39 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I had it done when I was about 11 and then again at the end of my shots so about 17. I remember it itched and irritated, but it wasn't horrible. Some shorts more than other, like sweetpeas3mom says, just depends on your allergies. But now I am really happy because those shots for 6 years worked and I walk around with a clear nose when everyone else is plugged up!
    Pumelo

Answer by Pumelo at 2:41 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I had the pricks as well as patches. There was so little of the substance that the discomfort was minor.

Answer by Bmat at 2:50 PM on Jun. 29, 2010