Vacation..WHERE?

Where have you been that you would love to go again? I dont want to spend a fortune but I would like to start plannig our honeymoon for next year. I have considered a beach (open to suggestions) and island or just US. Also like to hike and cabins or maybe something like Niagra falls or the grand canyon...open to all kinds of ideas. Please tell me what you loved about a place and anything special you would recommend to do while there.

ria7

Asked by ria7 at 2:31 PM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Travel

• We went to Gatlinburg for our honeymoon in february of this year...it was AMAZING! We got a cabin on a mountain...it was all snowy and pretty...
    Auntiemom410

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 2:34 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• We've never been on a vacation - ever - so we are going to Hilton Head for the first time this summer and can't wait!!!
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 2:41 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I love Hawaii. I am spoiled as I have family there and have been several times. I haven't gone in several years and wish I could as my Grandmaother hasn't met DD and she is almost 21 months now. It can be expensive and the airfare isn't cheap, but it is in the US. I love the beaches of course and there is one called Hanauma Bay where the coral reef is so close to shore you go in up to your waist and are surrounded by tropical fish! Also there are tons of great hikes and kyaking and of course surfing. There are so many amazing places in the US though that it would be hard to choose if it weren't for family :)
    NHRachel

Answer by NHRachel at 2:50 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• We've been to Kauai, Hawaii and are hoping to go again when our daughter is around 3 so we can leave her with the grandparents for a week. Kauai had awesome beaches and great hiking. Though one of their hikes was a backpacking for a couple of days hike and we didn't do that, but plan to next time. We've been to the Grand Canyon. Awesome. Zion National Park is really neat, as well. Crater Lake is pretty cool and there are a bunch of 1-2 mile hikes to waterfalls all around the lake. I love waterfalls so we usually find hikes that involve waterfalls.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 6:20 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• all of the places have been great!! throw a dart at a map if money is not an object.
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 6:22 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• for hiking and camping, i'd chuck out niagara falls. While it is pretty and there are some things to do such as their butterfly museum, clifton hill (on canadian side) or the seneca falls casino... there isn't a whole lot to do.

You'd be better off checking out lake onieda for pretty places to camp. You can rent a boat, the lake is clean and there are places like sylvan beach where they have great beaches to swim in, etc.

Or there are some great camp sites in Gettysburg PA. You have nice beautiful mountains to hike through with LOTS of history and scenic views, you can rent horses to hike with, and lots to do

Now for Beaches, you can check out Nags Head, NC. It a nice beautiful island off the coast of North Carolina. Very beautiful..

for more rocky beaches check out Maine (if you love seafood, you'll love maine).
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 6:38 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Or if you want a mix.. nice cabins, beautiful water falls, some canyons, hiking trails.. check out letchworth state park, in NY.

http://www.letchworthpark.com/About....html

http://www.fingerlakeswest.com/letchworth.html
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 6:41 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• What about a cruise? I went on one a few years ago and LOVED it. If you book it ahead of time it is cheaper adn I think you can make payments on it as well. Just think your room and food would be paid for all you would ahe to worry about is money for things to do on the stops that the ships make.
    Hope you have a great time with whatever you decide to do.
    Tonya_Colt

Answer by Tonya_Colt at 12:15 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I love going to Mackinaw City in MI. We have gone several times and I wish we were going this summer.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 6:14 PM on Jun. 30, 2010