Is there a rash that exists that is caused by teething?

My son is 14 months and teething like crazy. He got this rash after a high fever due to teething, I think. And the rash isn't gone yet. I took him to the doctor yesterday and they don't know what is wrong with him either. Yesterday it was bad on his cheeks and today, it's like there isn't anything there. They want tests to see if it's measles. But, is there some teethings cases that cause rashes for a few days? If so, How is it treated? Do I need to make another appointment?

CandieGirl09

Asked by CandieGirl09 at 2:40 PM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I've heard that while teething, there are excess acids ( i think ) in the saliva, so I could see that irritating the face, or even the diaper area, through feces.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 2:44 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Is it from drooling? My kids got that.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:43 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• yep, there can be a rash on the cheeks, chin and neck from drool. If that's what it is, keep the area dry, don't wipe harshly and use something like boudreaux's baby kisses on it 1-2x a day.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 2:59 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• My sone gets a rash when the teeth are close to coming through. But its on his trunk. Stomach and chest only.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 3:06 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• My son always got it too, sometimes all the way down his neck. It's from all the extra drool. Just wipe his face gently a little more often. Pacifiers can exasterbate the situation, all that drool gets sort of stuck and sits on the lips and chin for longer.
    new_mom808

Answer by new_mom808 at 3:26 PM on Jun. 29, 2010