What causes constant dizzy spells feeling disoriented and then falling?

Daily I am having dizzy spells, then I feel disoriented and I fall. Doctors haven't helped me out yet. What is wrong with me?

marievegan

Asked by marievegan at 2:42 PM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Health

• Could be any of a number of things. What first comes to mind is low blood sugar or inner ear problem.

Answer by Bmat at 2:43 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• maybe low iron?
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 2:44 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• blood pressure
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 2:44 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• One simple explaination i dehydration. Make sure you drink more than you usually do and maybe more than you want to and see if it helps. Otherwise it is to medical a question for me. Good luck
    NHRachel

Answer by NHRachel at 2:44 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I get like that when my iron is low.
    Trotterswife

Answer by Trotterswife at 2:45 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Mine comes from Vertigo. My inner ear has fluid build up and causes my equilibrium to be out of whack. I take prednisone and Meclyzine for it.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:45 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• vertigo
    joycegina

Answer by joycegina at 2:45 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Low blood sugar. Or Vertigo. I would see a doctor if it persists to long. Lay down if you can and put your face facing up. if its when you move your head from side to side, its probably Vertigo, but if its anything different like what you say it is try eating, or snacking frequently even though Low blood sugar can be caused from numerous things.
    UAFwife

Answer by UAFwife at 2:45 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Have you had your ears or sinus cavity looked at? If they looked up your nose and say you look "fine no swelling" or " no sinus infection" DON'T BUY IT ! I had a deep inner sinus infection so bad I fel drunk one morning when i woke up, I couldn't hardly stand up I barely drove my son to school. I was falling all over the place! It was my sinus that was so inflamed it caused virdigo. I had no sinus infection symptoms that were visible. BUT I DID HAVE ONE it took a LOT OF COMPLAINING then I finally got someone to run a flu test to make sure it was not flu before they would give me a px. Do you have headaches often?
    1nglmom3

Answer by 1nglmom3 at 2:47 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Vertigo is the pits. Vertigo makes you feel as though the room is spinning. Another way to tell is to hold your finger to the side of your eyes, about a foot away or so, and bring your finger slowly across your face to the other side of your head. If your eyes stutter instead of a smooth movement, it may be vertigo. Also as was mentioned above. If you lie still and find when you move your head that the room spins.

Answer by Bmat at 2:49 PM on Jun. 29, 2010