Has anyone ever tried natural spider repellent?

We are phasing out all store bought cleaners and sprays and going the natural route. With a toddler and two dogs, I can't in good conscious spray bug poison. I have a bit of a spider problem, and I've read that peppermint oil is a natural spider deterrent. Has anyone ever made homemade spider repellent or tried the natural kind?

lvpenguino

Asked by lvpenguino at 2:46 PM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I need to know too! I caught a Brown Recluse trying to sneak in our house the other day. We also had 10 million other spiders in our house. My daughter got bit by a little spider a couple weeks ago.
    ameliasmama1

Answer by ameliasmama1 at 2:50 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Amelia, I'm going to try to make a concoction of peppermint oil, dish soap and water to pour around my patio door and front door. We have wolf spiders, but every time I see one I panic and think Brown Recluse. I hate it. I'll let you know how it goes. I was hoping someone had already given it a try.
    lvpenguino

Comment by lvpenguino (original poster) at 2:59 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Best bug spray is one made with the oils found in the chrysanthemum plant.... eugenic oils.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 5:05 PM on Jun. 29, 2010