I got 2 postal money orders via UPS for $995 each today, from someone I do not know. What would you do?

I got these 2 money orders today from UPS. Both of them are for $995. I checked the USPS website for all the security features they need to have and these have them. What would you do? Should I try to cash them, just throw them out or what?

BlainesMommy09

Asked by BlainesMommy09 at 3:00 PM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Money & Work

• great ,that you did the research, my friend should have been smart
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 4:48 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Eh. I would check into the validity of them before you try to cash them. Like have a real person look at them. Could be a counterfeit, and you don't want that mess on your hands!
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 3:01 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• No way could that be real that has scam written all over them..Now why in the world would ups just send you money orders for that much outta the blue??? That does not make any sense I would go talk to a ups store or call or something and tell them what happened they can verify it but I think they are fake
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 3:06 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Are they for you? Do they have your name on them? Cause if they do then I would keep them :)
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 3:01 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Turn it in to the post office. It's a scam.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 3:01 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Take them to the post office and make sure they are both real and intended for you. If they are, then cash them. If they are counterfeit, the postal workers will be able to tell you and they can take it from there. My cousin works for a bank that won't touch any USPS money orders because they are too easily counterfeited and they have lost money because of that.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 3:05 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• TAKE IT TO THE POST OFFICE AND GET THEM VALIDATED... Most are SCAMS that then take money out of your checking account.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 3:06 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I actually know someone who got in trouble for this...took them to her bank cashed or deposited them, and Whala Police were at her door put her in Cuffs and with Toddler in toe took her to the station.
    ts a HUGE scam...I would report them to your local police and DEFINITELY DO NOT CASH
    Happymom2-2

Answer by Happymom2-2 at 3:11 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Call UPS and find out what they are for - it sounds like some sort of scam to me.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 3:01 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Id have a bank or somebody look at them before trying to cash them. If theyre real, great and if not, I wouldnt want to be caught trying to cash them.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 3:10 PM on Jun. 29, 2010