Do you think that your husband/significant other should befriend women he does not know on Facebook, ie: a friend of a friend? Do you think that this can be completely innocent - or is it a way for him to see pix and other info on this woman? Should it be an issue for discussion?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:05 PM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• Have you asked him about it? There are a lot of people on FB who like collecting as many "friends" as they can. My one cousin has over 1,000 FB friends, but I highly doubt these are people she knows well or could even name if asked to.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 3:11 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• You need more info - people add friends all the time for games - if he does mafia wars/farmville/etc and she does too he's probably just adding one more person to earn points from. Is it a friend of a close friend or a friend of someone he hasn't seen since high school? There's no blanket answer for this. If it bugs you so much ask him why, just try not to do it by outright accusing him of cheating since it's more than likely he wasn't.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:12 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I don't care as long as it stays on facebook. He can't have sex with a facebook profile.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 3:09 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Why would anyone want to be "friends" with someone they do not know? There is something wrong with that IMO!!
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 3:06 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• i think it depends on your relationship. i would not care. but that's just me. if it bothers you then no, he should not. there is no good reason he can give you for it.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 3:07 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• i would think the same thing. there's something just a little wrong about this situation. why does he all of a sudden feel like he wants to make friends with other females? and if he's not a friendly type of person than iwould definitely think he's up to something.
    khmymommi

Answer by khmymommi at 3:08 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• @rhianna1708 he might not be able to have sex with the profile but sometimes if you allow it to happen on facebook it'll end up happening in real life. i say just go ahead and ask your SO and see what he says, that's the only real way to figure it out for sure.
    khmymommi

Answer by khmymommi at 3:11 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• My husband and I are totally transparent as far as our dealings on FB. He has female friends from school and work, as well as some customers. I have male friends from school and people I have known a long time.
    Personally I draw the line with friending people that either has been in a sexual relationship with, or strangers that are obviously looking for trouble. There is no need for that at all, and it will cause suspicion and problems.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 3:19 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Is he a gamer? Some of the games on FB require you to have friends to progress in the game and many people will be-friend strangers in order to play. If that's not the case, I'd feel weird about him adding random females.

-xoxo-

Answer by -xoxo- at 4:39 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Why would anyone want to be friends with someone they dont know. I wouldn't want my husband too maybe they dont know eachother but after becoming friends theres a chance they could get to know eachother.
    giovannismom19

Answer by giovannismom19 at 4:50 PM on Jun. 29, 2010