Breech?

Has anyone had their baby manually turned? Did it hurt? What did your doctor say was the downsides to having him/her turned?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:05 PM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• My doctor advised me against it. She said it was quite painful and there was no guarantee that the baby wouldn't turn itself back right away. I ended up with a c-section which I enjoyed. 4 days in the hospital really helped me to bond with the baby. We left the hospital great breastfeeders. We had 4 uninterrupted days to concentrate on it.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:20 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• my friend had her baby turned by a local OB 2 days before she gave birth. Of course the OB was willing to catch a vag. breech baby so it was really no big deal for her.
    check out www.spinningbabies.com
    NoahsMomma418

Answer by NoahsMomma418 at 3:40 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I would NEVER allow anyone to do that. Stastically it's much more dangerous than many vaginal breech births.

I would contact a chiropracter who is experienced with the Webster Technique which is 80-90% affective in turning babies vs manuelly turning the baby which is only about 20-40% affective depending on the practitioner.

Also try the techniques at www.spinningbabies.com. I turned my son with the pelvic lunges and pelvic tilt at 35 weeks.
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 4:35 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Oh and by the way the downsides are possibility of artificial rupture of membranes, ruptured uterus, premature detachment of the placenta and much more.

You could be rushed into a c-section just from having the procedure.

Another thing you may really want to look into is finding a midwife or doctor who is trained and EXPERIENCED in breech birth. And just FYI MOST doctors do not have experience or proper training in breech delivery because they are trained to just section a women with a breech baby but you would be hard pressed to a midwife without proper training and experience.

If you decide to deliver a breech baby vaginally you need to find out what TYPE of breech baby you have because some breech positions are more dangerous than others!
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 4:40 PM on Jun. 29, 2010