clothes shoppig, how much do you get them for school?

Like how many new pairs of jean/shirts/shoes/etc Do you go by what they need or do you like to start the year off fresh and buy all new things for school, make last years things into play clothes? or what?

minimo77

Asked by minimo77 at 3:26 PM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Shopping

• Usually we buy a few new things in the summer so they can start fresh. Then buy as needed. This year we are moving where they have uniforms so its really easy. We just went yesterday and spend less on BOTH kids than we usually spent on one!!! I got 2 polos of each color for DD and DS, 2 t shirts of each color for my DS, 1 pr of shorts of each color for DS and 1 pr of pants for DD. Having trouble with her so I still need a few more things. But when we have it all it will still be way less than years past!!! YAY for uniforms, lol.
    jajumommy2000

Answer by jajumommy2000 at 3:29 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• First, I go through his clothes from last year and see what is still in good shape and will fit for at least the first part of the year. Then we go shopping about a month in advance is when we start. I pick up what I can here and there. There is no certain number of each article of clothing that I try to buy...I just know he gets more if I find good bargains,lol. Which is what I really do look for...I'll even find him some really nice stuff from yardsales and thrift stores once in awhile!
    Oh, and the clothes he grows out of, I usually bag or box up and give away to whoever may need them and they will fit. I ask around if I don't currently know someone.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 3:30 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Start new because they will have grown out of their clothes. 6 pairs of jeans/pants, 10 tops, 2 hoodies,2 pairs of shoes, underwear, socks, costs about 1200.00 per child to get them ready for school, this includes school supplies.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 3:33 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• i will probably not buy clothes until he needs them when it starts getting cooler...maybe around thanksgiving. I think he will be just fine with all his summer clothes until then..if not i will go buy him some.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 3:42 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• We let them choose one new outfit for the first day of school, but save the actual school clothes shopping trip towards the end of September. They wear their Summer clothes until then. We just buy a little here and there...never a set amount.
    motherofpearls

Answer by motherofpearls at 5:13 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I have already started and I have gotten my oldest a new shirt, a dress and two pairs of jeans already. They both will get 4 pairs of jeans each, 3 shirts, a new belt and a new pair of cowboy boots. The rest will come at Christmas time.
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 11:16 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• my son wears school uniforms
    ymadaris2

Answer by ymadaris2 at 2:27 PM on Jun. 30, 2010