• In the Spotlight:

When do you think it is appropriae to have a baby shower?

This is my second child and since a.) I am having a boy and b.) I have nothing from when I was pregnant with my daughter except clothes, I was trying to see WHEN would be an appropriate time to have the baby shower. I am due 10/27-11/1 depending on which doctor I talk to and my birthday is 9/24 so I was wondering would I have it AROUND my birthday and just celebrate it as a baby shower or have it a little after my birthday. I am not trying to get double presents at all, just not really sure when to have the baby shower. =/

inkedup8205

Asked by inkedup8205 at 3:28 PM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Have it a little earlier. Maybe around the first of September. I had my baby shower when I was 32 weeks.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 3:30 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I'd say two separate events. At least a week apart.

Answer by Bmat at 3:30 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Both of my showers i have had around 7 months :) That way there is plenty of time for you to get the rest of the stuff that you need :) I would have it a little after your birthday but it all depends really. I mean if you are older than people don't typically get you birthday presents anyways except for your parents. Not sure how old you are though. Good luck!
    MamaHardy2008

Answer by MamaHardy2008 at 3:32 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• 1-2 months before the due date is usually a good time to have a baby shower.
    I wouldn't combine your bday and the shower though. Maybe have the shower at the end of August so it doesnt collide with your birthday.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 3:33 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I had mine on my birthday. Nobody cared plus I told everyone Its a celebration for my baby not for me, so all present should be for the baby. My family and friend still ignored me and bought us both stuff. I figured doing it all in one would save me some money and my mom the trouble of planning two events.
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 3:35 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• 7 months along is a good time for a baby shower.
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 3:37 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• listen the day YOU were born is a special day, a day to celebrate. and the shower of a new baby is a special day too!
    dont worry about what others think hon....those that know you and know how happy you are will do the right thing.
    Just celebrate, and those who dont? screw them lol congrats!
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 3:39 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• i had my shower just last weekend and I was 35 weeks, to me that is to close because i was so tired and am so big I just didn't enjoy it as much as if it was earlier.. :( I say have around 32 weeks or so...
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 4:03 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• If you would like to celebrate the two together, go right on ahead and do so. I only had a shower with my oldest and we did it six weeks before I was due.
    LivinDeadGurl

Answer by LivinDeadGurl at 4:06 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• With my DD my first shower was at about 35 weeks, my second was at 36 and my third was at 38 weeks.

With my DS my first was at 33 weeks and my second was at 37 weeks.

I've had lots of showers because my BFF always throws me one, our church throws me one and then with my first my family threw me one as well.
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 4:31 PM on Jun. 29, 2010