9 year old girls... to young to walk alone? (part 2)

Wow so this girls mother just gave her daughter her credit card so that the girls (both 9) could walk to the store and buy a swimsuit for my daughter so they can go swimming.
This was just after I told my DD that her suit was in the washer and she couldn't walk to go swimming alone. I didn't know they had went there alone til they got back and my son told me he saw them walking from there. Oh am I angry! So I told my DD to stay in for rest of the day. Then I over hear the neighbors daughter saying "my mom is in charge when we stay at my house"....so I had to tell her a thing or two
So this girls mother is basically telling my daughter that she don't have to listen to me when she's at her house!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?
I think i've had enough of this!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:32 PM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• Wow. Umm, yeah, I would not be happy about that at all. Sounds like this mother needs a talking to!!
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 3:33 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• That's total bs, your rules for your kids go with the kid wherever they are. If I ever have another persons child w me I would call and ask the parent if things like that are ok for their child.
    dharmagirl

Answer by dharmagirl at 3:37 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I would go on over and talk with the mom. Knowing kids at this age..the mom may be in the dark about some things. Her daughter was the one you everheard say that about her mom being in charge, right? I bet that same sweet daughter of hers told her own mother that you said your daughter couldnt go swimming because she didnt have a bathing suit rather than it was in the wash...and I am willing to bet both girls failed to mention that you don't want her walking alone to the store.
    LOL...kids...they will get a parent everytime. My son had a friend stay over that tried to convince me his mom let him watch Night Mare on Elm Street...they were like 7. I called the mom....no truth to it at all! lol. They would try to get away with murder when mommas not around, trust me.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 3:37 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• That would get me angry. Very disrespectful woman.
    Mommy2mj

Answer by Mommy2mj at 3:38 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Now that I read the post before mine, go talk to the mom, but wait until you calm down some.
    Mommy2mj

• I would go over there and have some words with that woman. If she wants to be irresponsible with her own children then that's her business but she has NO right to be irresponsible with yours.
    Then I would say that if her daughter wants to play with yours then they can play at YOUR house where they will be PROPERLY supervised and will be safe.
    I wouldn't let your daughter go over there anymore.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 3:39 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• How rude. I would talk the mother and tell her that you don't allow your daughter to walk around without an adult then tell her how her daughter was disrepectful to you. Is the girl worth you daughters friendship maybe she needs to hang with a child with more responible parents
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 3:41 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• That is to young to go walk to a store in my opinion unless it is next door.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:45 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I would really limit the time my dd would spend at that house!! First off yess nine is way too young to be walking all over town alone. And to have the use of a credit card it just out of hand. If it is in the neighbor hood that is one thing, but crossing highways and going across town, NO! And I would also have a conversation with my dd about our rules apply no matter who's house she is at. And then I would chat with this mother, she can do what she wants with her kid, but not mine. It is time your dd spends some time with other friends.
    wallmom1

Answer by wallmom1 at 7:55 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I would speak to the mom expressing that you do not allow your child to walk farther than ______ without an adult. The next thing I would do is ground your daughter for a week for breaking a known rule. She knew she was not allowed to go did she not?
    higherboundmom

Answer by higherboundmom at 9:57 PM on Jun. 29, 2010