Should I be worried?

My grandma watched my boy on friday night and when I got back, she said he had measles and I felt like my family was attacking me about how 'bad' it is. I looked German Measles up and Measles up and it doesn't sound that bad afterall. Should I be worried about this virus?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:37 PM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It's not as serious as your family is making it out to be. It's like Chicken Pox, if your child catches it young then the complications from the illness are non-existant or really mild. It's not a big deal, really.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 3:40 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• HAs your child been vaccinated? I would take your child to the doctor Measles these days are very rare. Atleast call your peditrician.
    navyjen

Answer by navyjen at 3:39 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• It's not that bad unless it starts to get into areas that are already sensitive. Some kids only get a couple spots, some are covered. It all depends on the child. Just keep them from scratching.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:39 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• If he hasn't been diagnosed by the pediatrician then I wouldn't worry to much about it. I don't think it is that bad unless he really need to be hospitalized. I hope he feels better soon.
    coala

Answer by coala at 3:40 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• What are his symptoms?
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 3:41 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• They may just be calling it the "Measles" because that is the term they grew up with, but nowadays children are more likely to catch chicken pox rather than the Measles. If the child has a fever or other bad symptoms I would take them to the pediatrician just to be on the safe side. :) Then again I can never stay away from a doctor if I feel something is wrong with my children, lol... I don't want my poor babies to suffer at all. :( Even when there is nothing the doctor can do about it. :)
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 3:43 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• He has little spots on him that look like someone put a fine layer of lace on his skin. He has a slight fever and he is coughing but either then that. He is fine. I took him the doctor yesterday and the dumb doctor didnt know what it was and gave me Penesilion(however you spell it) but my son was also playing around as if he werent sick, just his rash was showing, and I am suppose to go see the healthy lady today but my family got me so worried about it, that I couldnt even sleep lastnight. I just need an ease of mind right now and as far as I'm concerned, he isn't as bad as they think he is. I dont know what there deal is. They even made me cry..it was horrible..
    CandieGirl09

Answer by CandieGirl09 at 3:45 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• If you talked to his doc and the doc was not concerned tell you family to back off!!!

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 3:49 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• do you vaccinate? I'm not criticizing you if you do or don't. I'm just wondering if it's an issue of a pareting choice youv'e made that your family may not support.

ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 5:06 PM on Jun. 29, 2010