I am too cheap to pay for a decent haircut, anyone else?

I cut my own hair all the time, and it never looks good lol, but I am way too cheap to pay a hairdresser to do it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:38 PM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I go twice a year because mine needs to be thinned. Otherwise I wouldn't go at all.
    coala

Answer by coala at 3:38 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• i cut mine last time. it was ok. i cut my husbands too... he got made fun of by his boss...
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 3:39 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I cut my own as well. I don't even rememeber the last time I went to a salon to have it cut.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 3:40 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I'm more broke than cheap about it,lol. If I had the money I'd go get it done. But I don't so I cut it myself. Nothing fancy, just trim th ebangs and the ends and thats all I do,lol.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 3:40 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• No - my ex would never give me any money to get my hair cut. After we divorced I started going to the hair salon, he looked at me and said "wow, that's the best haircut you've ever had" Well, duh!

Answer by missanc at 3:40 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I don't ever go and hardly ever cut it, but then again I don't style my hair either. I have very thin and fine hair and it is almost impossible to manage.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 3:40 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I just get my hair trimmed twice a year, but other than that I don't do anything to my hair.
    Mommy2mj

Answer by Mommy2mj at 3:41 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I need to go more but only go about twice a year so my kids and DH can go more often. But I go to Cost Cutters at Wal-Mart even when I do so it still is not horrible!
    hotrodmomma

Answer by hotrodmomma at 3:41 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• No I want someone who knows what they are doing to do it. I find that your appearance does say a lot about you. Meaning if you look nice, not meaning you have to have designer clothes, perfect hair and make up, but make it look like you take pride in who you are by keeping your hair nice, wearing nice clothes free from rips/tears/holes that aren't there on purpose, and being clean then people will have more respect for you.
    carmadsmom

Answer by carmadsmom at 3:42 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• i have only paid for a haircut twice..not because of being a cheap, but because i worked in a salon for 23 years and didn't have to. now, i recently retired and move 4hrs away..guess its coming!
    there's a lot of cutting that you CAN do yourself, but for technical cuts/angles/etc, a professional is the way to go. a good haircut/shape/control is worth the money when you find a good cutter!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 3:43 PM on Jun. 29, 2010