DD's dad has Saturday visitation, is it fair to ask him to take her Sunday since Saturday is my birthday?

Or should I just celebrate with my DD on Sunday?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:48 PM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• Learning to compromise and respect eachother as the parents of the same child is a great thing to accomplish when your no longer together. I've made adjustments with my ex on his visitations with our son and he's made adjustments with me from time to time. Some times we agree and sometimes we don't, but we always ask. Just try not to get mad or dissappointed if for some reason he says no and can't make the change.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 3:51 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Yes. I know as a kid my visitation days/weekends/weeks were rearranged all the time for birthdays/vacations/etc.

I guess it just depends on what kind of relationship you have with DD's dad.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 3:50 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I would celebrate with her on Sunday. Do something for yourself on Saturday. Or you can talk to him and find out what he thinks.
    Mommy2mj

Answer by Mommy2mj at 3:50 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Personally, I would just celebrate it on Sunday. Even in great circumstances changing visitation days and times can lead to problems. I saw this with my sister. They started out so great and it became a nightmare.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 3:51 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Does your court order give you your birthday? (Mine and my new husband's both do). If not, I think it's reasonable to ask to switch the days.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 3:50 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• It's fair to ask if you're always willing to switch with him when he has special events and you'll be okay with it if he says no.
    Bezu

Answer by Bezu at 3:50 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• It couldn't hurt to ask. He may like that he would have more time with her.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 3:51 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I think it's okay.
    christine121

Answer by christine121 at 3:51 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• never hurts to ask.
    although I do like Mommy2mj's idea of pampering yourself on Saturday and celebrating with your dd on Sunday. A day alone is nice sometimes :o)
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 3:51 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Here I dont think this is an issue of fairness. There are situaitons that arise when parents on occasion stray from the regular visitation times. How old is your daughter? What would she rather do? Would you expect him to deter from regular visitation times for his birthday? Can you celebrate on another day so that the visitation schedule is not disturbed?
    lawmom27

Answer by lawmom27 at 3:56 PM on Jun. 29, 2010