Boy Scout Motto is Always be Prepared...are you?

In your saved contacts on your cell phone, do you have the following numbers?

Lost or stolen credit card hotline?
Accident hotline for auto insurance?
Health insurance provider?
Free 411 from anywhere?
Local locksmith?
A friendly co-workers direct line?
Local towing?
Poison control?

salexander

Asked by salexander at 3:54 PM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I am the most unprepared person I know. I would have be kicked out of boy scouts! If I was a boy...
    fairyinabubble

Answer by fairyinabubble at 6:41 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I was never a boy scout and I don't have a cell phone...

So I guess not.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 3:55 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I was never a boyscout but my brothers were and yes I am prepared.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 4:01 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I don't keep those numbers on my cell phone--but they are in my Address/phone book. I keep my kids' teachers/school numbers, doctors, and emergency contact info on there, ad well as AAA info. I also have a wallet and a Rolodex that contains every business card and credit card with contact info on it that I could need while out and about or at home. If I lost my credit cards, I have statements at home that I could call. If I lost my house keys we have a full set hidden in our shed in the backyard.

Beyond contacting people I feel we are better prepared for true emergency situations--a break-in, a terrorist attack, a weather emergency, or a long term power outage. :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:02 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Nope. I don't use credit cards so I don't have to worry about that - at the most I use a prepaid credit card for online purchases. I also don't have a car so I don't have auto insurance. No I don't have my insurance provider either - if there is a problem with billing the doctor/hospital are the ones who contact them. If I have a reason to call them I do it from home so there is no need to keep it saved in my cell phone. I never have to call 411, I know how to use a phone book before I leave the house. I have no need for a locksmith, I don't have a car and if I need to get in my house I can always fix a broken window pane. Why would I need to call a friendly co-worker? Don't need a tow, no car. I've also never had to call poison control, and if my kids ever got into anything it would be at home where I have the number so I wouldn't need to scroll through all my contacts.
    momof2inCT2007

Answer by momof2inCT2007 at 4:08 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• no credit cards i dont have my OWN car to need insurance number
    have my health insurance in my wallet
    got 411 in my phone

no need for locksmith i have extra keys in my apt office
    have my managers number
    i can call 411 for towing

and for poison control :)

and im a girl i was in girl scouts
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 5:03 PM on Jun. 29, 2010