For mommys who just had a baby girl...

I have a 3 1/2 year old little boy and then an 11 week old little girl. Are you one of those girly girl moms who likes to paint your little girls toes and put bows on them that are bigger then there head lol. My mom was like this with all of us girls and Im loving this so much that its my turn! I just painted her toenails today and had a custom bow made for her for the 4th of July plus daddy and I bought her a really cute outfit to match. I guess I was so used to shopping for my son which we all know theres only so much you can do with a boy that Im just really excited to spruss up my baby girl.

LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Asked by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 3:54 PM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i was never like that. i'v never been too girly.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 3:56 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Make sure whatever you put on her toes is safe...babies do like to suck on 'em.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:57 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Yes I know lol, shes only 11 weeks not there yet
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Comment by LANDENSMOMMYlmk (original poster) at 3:59 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• for the first 6 months my baby girl wore whatever fit her, boy clothes or girl clothes. now i put pink babylegs on her and she has a couple head bands
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 3:59 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• My girls are very girly especially my 3 year old she wears nothing but dresses.

lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 4:02 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Well, I didn't JUST have a baby girl. My baby will be a year old Thursday, and my oldest girl just turned 3. But I know exactly what you're talking about! I LOVE dressing them up, painting their nails and buying cute little bows for them. My 3yo DD loves for me to play with her hair. They both have so many cute dresses, shoes, and bows.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 4:05 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Yeah its getting to be really fun (she's 17 mos.) but I'm torn on whether I should encourage independence by letting her pick her own, once it starts she most likely wont give it up, or should I keep it non-hassle and extremely cute :/
    Deathlilly

Answer by Deathlilly at 4:09 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I think my daughter looks pretty enough without nail varnish. I have nothing against those who do, but I am mum not going down the nail varnish, ear piercing, make up route until they are much,much older. All of these things, even though they are not intended to, can sexualise children at a young age - and by that I mean doing the things that women do to make themselves look attractive. We see them as innocent & fun - but the creepy guy sat watching them in the park views them in a whole different light.
    I will sound a complete spoil sport but you asked what peope were doing and I replied. That is just me and is probably tainted a little bit by the things I see in my line of work.

Congrats on the birth of your daughter. I have a similar age gap between my son and duaghter and it is amazing watching them together. She adores him. You've got so much fun to look forward to! Enjoy!!

M2TandM

Answer by M2TandM at 4:11 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Nope. I hate headbands, pink, excessive pieces of flair, ear percing, and nail varnish.
    I like her as nature intended.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 4:14 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• My son was five when I had my daughter. My son was a major Daddy's boy. I was bound and determined she was going to be mine! We had some beautiful outfits for her and put her hair up in the single ponytail right on top of her head. She was beautiful. Now she is 5, a major Daddy's girl (even referred to me as "SHE" and "HER" the other day in a jealousy rage, apparently Daddy can only play with her in the pool and not both of us. When we found out I was pregnant with twins I prayed for girls, we got boys after the "SHE" and "HER" incident the other day, I don't think there is enough Daddy to go around for her and me.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 4:17 PM on Jun. 29, 2010